By Travelzoo Staff
Sun Aero Helicopters has been soaring above Chicago for more than two decades, offering training, tours, charter flights, and even aerial photography (Sun Aero once helped shoot a U2 concert at Soldier Field). With this offer, two can take an airborne tour of Chicago with dramatic skyline views for $195, regularly $332, or three can fly for $269, regularly $498.
Why we love it
- Soar above Chicago along with a friend during a half-hour flight
- Tours fly along the Lake Michigan shoreline, around the Loop and back
- This is one of the best prices per person we've seen in Chicago
- Watch one of Sun Aero's tours on YouTube here
May 30, 2013 - Nov. 30, 2013
Sun Aero Helicopters Inc.
Lansing Municipal Airport
195th & Burnham Ave.
Lansing, IL 60438
- Tours depart from Lansing Municipal Airport, located minutes from I-80/94. After a safety briefing, tours head north along the lakefront, flying over Soldier Field, Buckingham Fountain, Millennium Park and Navy Pier. Flights then loop around downtown with up-close views of the Willis Tower. Before heading back to the airport, pilots will take passengers over U.S. Cellular Field and the University of Chicago campus.
- These flights are available 7 days a week year-round, and while sunset flights are available, Sun Aero recommends the daytime tours for first-time flyers for the best views of the lake, architecture and parks.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Friday, May 31, through Nov. 30, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Each person must be under 300 lbs. to participate. Must be 3 years old or older to ride. Subject to weather conditions. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms