By Travelzoo Staff
One of Chicago's cultural icons, Shedd Aquarium has served the city for nearly 85 years and features more than 32,000 aquatic animals from 1,500 different species. Travelzoo subscribers can attend the first-ever "Jingle Jazzin" holiday event this year -- featuring live holiday music and admission to the entire aquarium -- for half off with this Local Deal.
Why we love it
- Visit Shedd Aquarium for its first-ever "Jingle Jazzin" holiday event for $10, regularly $20
- Admission includes access to the full aquarium, including an aquatic show and the Jellies special exhibit
- Cocktails and food are available for purchase -- watch the sea life while sipping an Ocean Breeze
- Purchase multiple vouchers and go as a group or with the family
Dec. 7, 2012 - Dec. 23, 2012
John G. Shedd Aquarium
1200 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
- Admission to this special evening event is $10 per person, regularly $20. Compared to the regular daytime price, this event provides a significant discount for this much aquarium access.
- Head downtown from Sunday, Dec. 16, through Dec. 23 and choose from the following options:
- For $10, regularly $20, receive admission for one
- For $19, regularly $40, receive admission for two
- "Jingle Jazzin" features the nightly "Holiday Fantasea" show with dolphins, beluga, and a sea lion or penguins; a jazz trio playing holiday standards; carolers singing traditional tunes; and even a visit from Santa himself. Patrons can access the entire aquarium, including the Jellies exhibit, the Abbott Oceanarium, the Polar Play Zone and all the aquarium's galleries. Cocktails and food are available for purchase as well; sip a cocktail while viewing exhibits like Waters of the World and sea life like sharks, eels, rays, piranhas and a river otter.
The fine print
Update: Seats for Saturday, Dec. 22, and Sunday, Dec. 23, are now sold out. Vouchers available to be sold are limited by date; dates may sell out before the 'Time to Buy' has expired. Event runs from 5-9 p.m. nightly from Sunday, Dec. 16, through Dec. 23, 2012. Abbott Oceanarium and Polar Play Zone close at 8 p.m. All sales final; no refunds or exchanges. Children under 3 are free. Nightly show seating is limited and is first come, first served. The show begins at 6:30; must be checked in by 6:15 to attend. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms