By Travelzoo Staff
says "you have missed out" if you've never attended the Meals on Wheels Celebrity Chef Ball, one of Chicago's longest-running, most-celebrated culinary fundraisers. Attend this year's event on Oct. 12 -- featuring 70 of the city's finest chefs such as Brian Huston (The Publican), Giuseppe Tentori (GT Fish & Oyster) and Paul Virant (Perennial Virant)
-- with this exclusive Local Deal for $199 per person regularly $375.
Why we love it
- For $199 per person, receive Travelzoo-exclusive access to the 2012 Meals on Wheels Celebrity Chef Ball
- The event takes place Oct. 12 from 8:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m. with seated tasting at 9:30 p.m.
- 100% of your purchase will benefit Meals on Wheels Chicago
- It includes access to an exclusive, 4-course seated tasting with face to face time with 2 chefs
- All-night samplings from more than 70 Chicago chefs and mixologists from some of the city's top-rated restaurants
- Partake in a silent auction, listen to live music and explore the interactive photo station
- Guests will take home a complimentary copy of the 2012 Celebrity Chef Recipe Book
Oct. 1, 2012 - Oct. 12, 2012
Meals on Wheels Chicago
1044 W. Randolph
Chicago, IL 60607
- This offer includes a ticket to the Chef's Tasting Party with access to the Travelzoo exclusive Chef's Culinary Adventure, and a complimentary copy of the 2012 Celebrity Chef Recipe Book. The 24th-annual event will be held Oct. 12 from 8:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m. at Venue One in the West Loop. All proceeds from ticket sales will benefit Meals on Wheels Chicago.
- During the event, 96 Travelzoo subscribers will attend the Chef's Culinary Adventure. At 9:30 p.m., guests will be seated in a VIP area and dine on a four-course tasting menu prepared by chefs right in front of them. Ask questions and engage with these chefs as they prepare and serve their creations.
- Additionally, attendees can savor countless chef samplings, premium cocktails, wine and beer; partake in a silent auction; and live it up with an interactive photo station and music from a live band. Chefs will represent dozens of Chicago's top-rated restaurants, including The Bristol, Blackbird, Yusho and Province.
- Each year, the Celebrity Chef Ball raises more than $200,000 for Meals on Wheels, which supports Chicago's home-bound senior citizens and individuals with disabilities. The organization generates almost one-third of its annual revenue at the ball, which in turn helps provide more than 70,000 meals a year.
The fine print
Update (Oct. 5, 11 a.m. ET): Please note, advanced purchase valet parking is $20 and $30 at the door. A portion of the voucher cost is tax-deductible. Both valet parking and a tax deduction form can be obtained through Meals on Wheels Chicago by calling 312-744-0684. Voucher is valid for entry into the 2012 Meals on Wheels Celebrity Chef Ball and Travelzoo exclusive Chef's Culinary Adventure on Oct. 12, 2012. This deal cannot be combined with any other offer. Seating is very limited, and this deal may sell out before the sale expires. Must be used in 1 visit. This is a date-specific event; all sales are final. Must be 21 years or older to attend and consume alcohol. Cocktail attire required.