By Travelzoo Staff
Stony Knoll Vineyards, which sits on a historic family-owned estate that's been around since 1896, is part of the acclaimed Yadkin Valley Wine Trail
and has been producing award-winning wines since 2001. For $19, regularly $34, two people can learn about the wine-making process with a tour and tastings.
Why we love it
- Escape to the Blue Ridge Mountains for a wine tour and tastings for 2 at Stony Knoll Vineyards
- For $19, tour the historic estate, sample 10 varietals and sip on a glass of your favorite
- Each person takes home a souvenir wine glass
- Bring a group of 4 and get the same deal for less than $8 per person
Jan. 29, 2013 - April 29, 2013
Stony Knoll Vineyards
1143 Stony Knoll Road
Dobson, NC 27017
- The vineyard uses native fruit and also imports grapes from France to make more than 10 varietals of wine on-site. Visit the winery through the end of April for a deal that includes:
- Guided winery tour: Guests can take the informative tours at 11 a.m. or 2 p.m., which take you through the vineyard, tank room, crush pad, barrel room and rest of the wine-making facility
- Two wine tastings including up to 10 pours per person, which may include 2012 Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition winners like the 2010 Chardonnay, 2008 Syrah, 2006 Chambourcin or the 2011 Viognier, which won Uncorked: N.C. Wine of the Month in April 2012
- Two glasses of wine, which can be sipped during the tour or in the tasting room after sampling the wines
- Two souvenir wine glasses, etched with the Stony Knoll emblem
- For $30, regularly $68, get a group of four together or plan a double date for less than $8 per person. Stony Knoll is just over an hour from Greensboro and Charlotte.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Feb. 1, through April 29, 2013. Present voucher upon arrival. Valid on Fridays (12-5 p.m.) and Saturdays (10 a.m. - 6 p.m.) through Feb. 28 and on Thursdays-Saturdays and Mondays (10 a.m. - 6 p.m.) after March 1. Winery tours begin at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms