By Travelzoo Staff
The Salisbury Post fittingly compares Morgan Ridge Vineyards to a fine wine, praising winemakers Tommy and Amie Baudoin for taking the time to nurture their grapes and perfect the wine-making process. With this Local Deal for $15, two people can tour their winery and try 13 of their varietals, an experience that's regularly $40. Get the same deal for four for $28, regularly $80.
Why we love it
- For $15, each couple receives 13 wine samples, a cheese plate and 2 souvenir Riedel wine glasses
- The deal also includes a tour, which explains the wine-making process
- Morgan Ridge Vineyards ages its cabernet sauvignon in Hungarian oak barrels
- The winery's patio features views of the Piedmont landscape
- Take the same tour on a Saturday for an additional $9
Oct. 25, 2012 - March 29, 2013
Morgan Ridge Vineyards
486 John Morgan Rd.
Gold Hill, NC 28071
- This offer is good Wednesday-Friday and on Sundays; Saturday reservations are $24 for two and $40 for a group of four.
- The guided tour of the winery begins with an overview of the land where seven varietals are grown, and continues into the tank and barrel rooms where grapes are harvested and processed.
- After the tour, head over to the tasting room and sample 13 wines each, such as the full-bodied cabernet sauvignon, aged in Hungarian oak, the seyval blanc or the chardonnay, which the Salisbury Post compliments as "buttery." Cleanse your palate with a shared fruit and cheese plate.
- If the weather is nice, relax on the patio overlooking the Piedmont landscape. Each guests receives a souvenir Riedel wine glass to take home.To purchase any of these deals, click "Buy Now" and select the desired date and size of your party.
Before you go, check out the area's attractions
and plan a weekend getaway.
The fine print
Note: Vouchers for Saturday reservations are limited; those deals may sell out before the "Time To Buy" has expired. Vouchers are valid for specific days of the week; please check before using. Reservations are required and must be made 24 hours in advance. Morgan Ridge Vineyards is closed on Monday and Tuesday. Not valid on major holidays. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms