By Travelzoo Staff
Traverse 10- to 15-foot rock walls at Brooklyn Boulders, a spot that's become a “destination for New York rock climbers," according to The New York Times, which praises the funky industrial space adorned with "brightly speckled boulders" and "soaring arches." This $19 Local Deal is good for a one-day pass including all necessary gear.
Why we love it
- The New York Times calls Brooklyn Boulders a "destination" for climbers
- For $19, escape the cold and learn to indoor rock climb
- Yelp users rate it 4.5 stars
- No experience is necessary; all gear is included
- For $39, take a 2-hour lesson that teaches the basics of top roping
March 13, 2013 - June 22, 2013
575 Degraw St.
Brooklyn, NY 11217
- No prior training is necessary. Climbers are free to ascend and repel down the walls, which are suitable for all experience levels. Learn basic styles of climbing like bouldering, done on short walls without ropes, and top roping with harnesses and belayers.
- For $39, regularly $79, take a two-hour "learn the ropes" lesson, which teaches how to fit a harness, tie basic knots and manage ropes for another climber. This deal also comes with an extra day pass for later use.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, March 22, through June 22, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made online for the lesson. Voucher for the lesson is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 48 hours’ notice. Reservations are not required for the day pass. Must be at least 14 years old for the lesson. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be at least 5 years old for the day pass. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms