By Annie England
It's time for the "spectacular" (NY Mag) New York Botanical Garden Holiday Train Show, during which model trains and trolleys wind through a plant-made city.
Why we love it
- Fodor's says the garden is "one of the best reasons to make a trip to the Bronx"
- Frommer's calls the annual train show the best of the garden's special exhibits
- Housed in "stunning" pavilions "that recall London’s former Crystal Palace” (Frommer’s)
- The garden earns 4.5 stars from more than 500 TripAdvisor reviewers
Nov. 19, 2013 - Jan. 10, 2014, Tuesday - Friday; black out days apply
The New York Botanical Garden
2900 Southern Blvd.
- For $24 (reg. $40), get two adult All-Garden Passes to the Holiday Train Show
For $6 (reg. $10), get one child All-Garden Pass to the Holiday Train Show
With All-Garden Passes, get full-day admission to the garden grounds, Ross Gallery, Everett Children's Adventure Garden, tram tour and all exhibitions on the day of your visit
The fine print
Valid Tuesday-Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Last entry on Dec. 11 and Dec. 13 will be 2:15 p.m. Not valid Nov. 29, 2013 or Dec. 16 - Jan. 1, 2014. Last entry into the Holiday Train Show occurs at 5:30 p.m.
See all terms