By Travelzoo Staff
With white-water rafting season on the horizon, Travelzoo subscribers can take an adrenaline-pumping trip on the Kennebec River in West Forks with U.S. Rafting Maine, which was touted by TripAdvisor (4.5 stars) and Yelp (5 stars) users. Regularly up to $158, this full-day adventure includes all necessary equipment including a paddle, life jacket and helmet, a licensed guide and a barbecue lunch.
Why we love it
- Travelzoo readers who have used this deal said the "rafting was a blast"
- Take a full-day trip on the Kennebec River for $59 per person
- Includes 3.5-4 hours on the water, lunch, equipment and guide
- Or for $20 more, take the same trip on Saturday or Sunday through Oct. 13
- Race down Class III and IV rapids through Magic Falls
- Bring the family; trips are suitable for both beginner and intermediate rafters
May 16, 2013 - Oct. 13, 2013
U.S. Rafting Maine
2981 US Route 201
West Forks, ME 04985
- For $59 per person, use this deal Monday-Friday starting May 20 - Sept. 27. Or for $79 per person, take the same trip on a Saturday or Sunday starting May 18 - Oct. 13 (weekend deal is not available July 1 - Sept. 1).
- Each offer includes:
- Rafting down Class III and IV rapids through Magic Falls with all necessary equipment and an experienced guide
- Transportation between the river and base camp
- A full lunch at the base camp, which includes barbecue chicken, baked beans, pasta salad and watermelon
- Video viewing of your experience
- Check-in is at 9:30 a.m. and trips return at 4 p.m. Each raft fits up to 10 people; buy multiple vouchers for a fun family outing.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, May 18, through Oct. 13, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. The $59 voucher is valid Monday-Friday only, May 20 - Sept. 27, 2013. The $79 voucher is valid Saturday and Sunday only, May 18 - Oct. 13, 2013; not valid on weekends from July 1 - Sept. 1, 2013. 15-day cancellation policy applies. A fee of $5 per person for the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife is payable at time of reservation. Riders must be at least 10 years old; those under 18 must have parent or legal guardian permission and signed release. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms