By Travelzoo Staff
Riviera Bistro in Bee Cave is serious about the cuisine of Southern France through Northern Italy; Executive Chef Shoel Ross says "if it doesn't grow there, we don't have it here." With this exclusive Local Deal for $29, regularly $59, two people can get a three-course dinner at a place Rob Balon praises as "a little slice of heaven" and Yelp users give 4.5 stars.
Why we love it
- For $29, savor a 3-course dinner crafted with French-Italian inspiration
- Chef Shoel Ross describes his menu as "made-from-scratch comfort food"
- Yelp users give Riviera Bistro a 4.5-star rating
- Or, for $55, bring a group of 4 and dine for less than $14 per person
- Shop before you dine; Riviera Bistro is located at the Shops at the Galleria in Bee Cave
Sept. 28, 2012 - Feb. 28, 2013
12801 Shops Parkway
Austin, TX 78738
- Chef Ross runs a gluten-free restaurant and considers his ingredient suppliers a top priority. He buys from the local meat co-op, Ruffino Meats, selects organic produce and orders a variety of flour, such as tapioca, rice and garbanzo, from Bob's Red Mills. In addition to the standard menu, these ingredients are incorporated to create a weekly "chef-inspired menu."
- With this deal, select:
- Any shared appetizer, such as the fried calamari with remoulade, marinara or basil mayonnaise; or the chickpea herb flatbread served with organic extra virgin, cold-pressed olive oil
- Any two entrees, like the Gulf shrimp in an orange butter sauce, which Rob Balon calls an "absolute delight," or pork tenderloin with mustard glaze, asparagus and macaroni with sauce fromage American
- Any shared dessert, like crepes with Chantilly cream and berries, or the popular dairy-free and gluten-free beignets, topped with powdered sugar and fresh grated cinnamon
- The restaurant features an open-view kitchen. For $55, bring a group of four and watch the action as your dishes are prepared, which is a savings of more than 50%.
Check out Riviera Bistro's Facebook
page for updates and postings on Chef Shoel's latest tasting menu.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Sept. 28, through Feb. 28, 2013. Reservations are required. Call to make a reservation and reference voucher. Present voucher upon arrival. Riviera Bistro is closed on Sunday and Monday. Each voucher is valid for 2 or 4 diners only. Limit 1 voucher per table. Seasonal items are subject to change. Please tip on the full value of the check. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms