By Travelzoo Staff
Round Rock Honey, located just north of Austin, operates the largest natural beekeeping school in the country, according to Tribeza. With this exclusive Local Deal, Travelzoo subscribers can learn about the art of maintaining honey bee colonies and plan a unique experience to start the new year. A three-hour hands-on introduction to basic beekeeping is $45 per person -- a savings of $80 on the regular price.
Why we love it
- The Austin Chronicle hails the owner of Round Rock Honey as a "beekeeper extraordinaire"
- The company's beekeeping school is the largest in the country, according to Tribeza
- For $45 per person, get a 3-hour hands-on intro to beekeeping -- a savings of $80
- Learn the basics of honey harvesting and hive handling
- Or for $79, 2 people can take the class and save even more
Dec. 24, 2012 - March 27, 2013
Round Rock Honey
1308 Chisholm Trail
Round Rock, TX 78681
- The class is taught by Konrad Bouffard, hailed as "beekeeper extraordinaire" by the Austin Chronicle, and his team of master beekeepers. It begins with an hourlong classroom course on bee biology and beehive management. Afterward, students suit up in full bee suits and head over to the on-site apiary, or "bee yard." Students learn how to circle beehives, light a smoker to calm the bees, and honeycomb and lay honey top to bottom in the hives.
- Or for $79, regularly $250, go with a friend and get the same deal for less than $40 per person.
- Class are held in Austin, Dallas, Houston, Waco and San Francisco. Vouchers can be redeemed at any location and a schedule can be viewed online.
Watch Baylor University's feature
on Round Rock Honey for an in-depth look at the importance of beekeeping.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Wednesday, Dec. 26, through March 27, 2013. Valid at any Round Rock Honey location. Classes are held on select weekend dates and are subject to availability. Reservations are required and must be made via email. See voucher for booking instructions. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be 7 years and older to participate. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms