$899 – Castle-Hop through Ireland: 6 Nights w/Air & Car
"Remember that time we stayed in Irish castles?" could become your favorite travel story.
Why We Love This Deal
Go in the fall or plan ahead for a spring vacation in Ireland, and you'll be rewarded with picturesque rural villages, scenic land and trails, as well as resting your head in style at 4- and 5-star castle hotels and abbeys with this offer from Great Value Vacations.
For $899 per person, here's what's included:
- Roundtrip airfare to Dublin
- 1 night at 4-star Cabra Castle in Cavan
- 1 night at 5-star Lough Eske Castle in Donegal
- 2 nights at 4-star The Abbey Hotel in Roscommon
- 2 nights at 4-star Dunboyne Castle Hotel in the Dublin area of Meath
- Standard car rental for duration with unlimited mileage (automatic upgrade available)
Depart on select dates from:
- New York (JFK) … $899 per person from November-May. It's $300-$400 more per person in June-August.
- New York (Newark) … $899 per person from November-April. It's $100-$400 more per person in May-August.
- Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and Orlando … $999 per person from November-April. It's $100-$500 more per person from May-August.
- San Francisco … $999 per person from November-March. It's $100-$500 more per person from April-August.
About the hotels: Head down a long driveway and you'll see Cabra Castle emerge with its Old World charm and grandeur. A favorite of our Travelzoo UK members, Lough Eske was also voted the second-best hotel in Ireland in Condé Nast Traveler's Readers' Choice Awards this year. The Abbey Hotel is an 18th-century manor house hotel set on its own private grounds next to the ruins of Roscommon Abbey. Dunboyne Castle is spread out among 21 acres of County Meath countryside, not far from Dublin city center.
Upgrade: For $99 per person, you can also include an elegant breakfast at Lough Eske Castle, DoDublin 24 hour hop-on/hop-off bus,10% off the Guinness Storehouse, a 10% Kildare Village discount voucher as well as admission to EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum, Jameson Distillery Bow Street and a self-guided tour at Christ Church Cathedral.
Optional extensions: Stay an extra night in the Cavan area at Cabra Castle from $100 more per person. Spend an extra night in both Cabra Castle and 5-star Lough Eske Castle from $250 more per person. Add three nights (Cabra Castle, Lough Eske Castle and one night in Abbeyglen Castle in Galway) from $400 more per person. Tack on 4 extra nights (Cabra Castle, Lough Eske Castle and two nights in Abbeyglen Castle) from $500 more per person. Extended car rental is available with all options.
Book by Oct. 22.
How to Book
Continue to Great Value Vacations
- Pick your departure city, number of nights and month from the drop-down menus; click "Check Availability".
- Select the desired month again on the next page if it defaults to a different month.
- Scroll down to your desired departure date.
- Choose a departure date from the calendar, add the upgrade if desired and click "Continue".
- Confirm trip details and continue through the booking process.