$749 – Azores Spa Retreat: 6 Nights w/Flights
Many of our Deal Experts have stayed at the Furnas Boutique Hotel and raved about their experiences.
Travel media is currently a bit obsessed with the Azores Islands (we don't blame them), which means the Atlantic's best kept secret is out and time to visit before the masses is fleeting. This 4-star retreat includes a stay at one of our favorite spa hotels on the island and flights for $749 per person.
What you need to know:
- You'll stay on Sao Miguel, the Green Island, which is the largest of the Azores and famed for crater lake volcanoes and a verdant landscape.
- Popular activities on the island include hiking, whale watching, swimming with dolphins and caving.
- Autumn weather hovers in the 60s, though you can find warm water to swim in year-round thanks to the island's natural geothermal pools.
- We love the hotel's tranquil, spa-centric design -- it's ideal for relaxing after a day of adventuring.
Includes: Roundtrip flights; six nights at a 4-star hotel; daily breakfast; access to the "Quente das Quenturas," a spa circuit featuring a hammam, steam room and thermal pools; and taxes and fees.
Depart select October-December dates (vary based on departure city):
- $749 ... Boston
- $949 ... Chicago, Newark, New York-JFK
- $999 ... Philadelphia
- $1099 ... Miami, Ft. Lauderdale
- $1199 ... Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco
The 4-star Furnas Boutique Hotel and Thermal Spa was designed in harmony with the natural hot springs and gardens that surround it. The restaurant serves an impressive breakfast with a range of local selections. We love the adults-only indoor spa pool with Turkish baths and the outdoor heated pool surrounded by gardens.
About the Azores Islands
This nine-island archipelago is located smack dab in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and is home to spectacular scenery that's been likened to the garden of Eden. While the towns are small and distinctly European, the Huffington Post recently noted that these islands "put Hawaii to shame." This year, Portugal and the Azores Islands topped multiple lists from Fodor's to Lonely Planet to Travel + Leisure as the place to go in 2017.
Travelzoo Tip: We recommend renting a car or booking jeep tours to get the full island experience.
Book by March 28.
When You Can Go
October-December; spring and summer on sale
$250 on DIY pricing
How to Book
Book online at Azores Getaways
- Choose departure city from the drop-down menu.
- If desired, adjust length of stay.
- Select departure date from the calendar
- Select any desired add-ons
- Click "Book Now"
- Enter passenger information, then proceed to payment.
For questions, call Azores Getaways or email email@example.com.
Book this deal by phone
Call Azores Getaways at 1-617-934-8474.
This deal can only be booked online. Call center hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. local time (5 a.m. to 1 p.m. EST).
About Azores Getaways
Azores Getaways is the largest tour operator in the Azores Islands and has been creating unique itineraries for travelers going to the Azores Islands, Canary Islands, Madeira and mainland Portugal for over four years.