$4199 – South Africa: 5-Star Safari & Beach Vacation w/Air
Experience three sides of South Africa on this 10-night, 5-star vacation: city, safari and beach.
This summer or fall, explore the culture of Cape Town, seek out stunning wildlife on open-vehicle safaris and dip your toes into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean. This package is both luxurious and cost-effective -- other trips of this caliber would cost you up to $2400 more.
- Roundtrip international flights on South African Airways
- Domestic airfare within South Africa and ground transportation in luxury vehicles
- 4 nights at the 5-star Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa, Cape Town -- voted the No. 3 hotel in all of Africa by Conde Nast Traveler readers in 2018
- 3 nights at the 5-star Amakhosi Safari Lodge -- recipient of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2018
- 3 nights at the 5-star Oyster Box Hotel in Durban -- crowned South Africa's No. 1 hotel in the TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2019 for the fourth year in a row
- Six open-vehicle safari game drives with rangers and trackers
- 17 meals: 10 breakfasts, three lunches and four dinners
- Lion World Travel representative meet-and-greet upon arrival
One of the dinners is at the gourmet Azure Restaurant in Cape Town with author Christo Brand, Nelson Mandela's former jailer; hear stories about their close friendship that grew from across the bars of a prison cell -- plus receive a signed copy of "Doing Life with Mandela: My Prisoner, My Friend." This unique experience is also available through the packages Tented Safari in Style and Best of South Africa.
Depart from New York City or Washington, D.C., on Aug. 20, 24; Sept. 7, 30; Nov. 2, 16, 30. Domestic U.S. flights from 38 cities can be added at a special rate of $200 per person, subject to space availability.
When You Can Go
Aug. 20, 24; Sept. 7, 30; Nov. 2, 16, 30
$2400 on similar packages
How to Book
View the full itinerary. All bookings must be made over the phone.
Book this deal by phone
Call Lion World Travel at 1-800-387-2706.
Mention Pride of South Africa 2019 and Travelzoo.
About Lion World Travel
For more than 50 years, Lion World Travel has specialized in packages to Southern and East Africa. All of its safari specialists have first-hand knowledge and can assist travelers in creating an African adventure that fulfills their specific interests as well as their budget. In 2018, Travel + Leisure named it one of the best safari outfitters in the world.
To read a personal account of a Lion World trip, visit our blog.