$3999 – South Africa Luxe Tented Safari from New York
We use the word "tent" loosely -- think 5-star villa with a plunge pool and viewing deck.
One of Lion World Travel's most popular 5-star safari vacations is back -- a South African Adventure complete with luxurious tented accommodations for $3999 per person (based on double occupancy).
Planning this trip on your own would run you as much as $1000 more per person.
- Roundtrip flights to Cape Town from Washington, D.C. and back via Johannesburg on South African Airways
- All domestic South Africa flights, airport transfers and ground transportation
- Four nights at the 5-star Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa, Cape Town -- considered one of Africa's best by Conde Nast Traveler
- Scenic Cape Town helicopter flight and Stellenbosch tour in the Cape Winelands
- Three nights in a superior tent at the 5-star Bayethe Lodge in the Shamwari Game Reserve, a private concession in a malaria-free area
- Six game drives
- An interactive cooking class at Bayethe Lodge
- 14 meals, including a three-course dinner at the renowned Azure Restaurant
This offer also includes VIP meet and greet: A representative will meet Travelzoo members at their arrival gate in Johannesburg and whisk them to the front of the line at customs and immigration. Travelers will then connect through to Cape Town.
Depart on any of the following dates: May 5, 27; June 30; July 25; Aug. 27, 28; Sept. 1, 3, 4, 9, 10, 25, 28, 30; Oct.4, 16, 18, 21, 22, 24; Nov. 4, 13, 18, 22, 25.
Travelzoo Tip: Members who book this package will directly assist in rhino conservation. With every booking of two people, Lion World Travel will donate $50 toward the building of a rhino boma at the Shamwari Private Game Reserve. It will be a haven to rehabilitate injured or orphaned rhinos until they are strong enough to be released back into the wild.
Book by April 5.
When You Can Go
Select dates May-November
$1000 per person