£89—Cambridgeshire: cosy historic coaching inn escape
Hunker down for a cosy autumn or winter stay in this historic Cambridgeshire retreat
Why We Love This Deal
The Golden Lion is a cosy coaching inn that has been welcoming guests to the pretty Cambridgeshire market town of St Ives since the 18th century. An overnight stay at this historic bolthole—including breakfast and a lie-in—is now less than £45 per person for stays until 31 March, 2024.
- Overnight accommodation in a Classic Double or Twin Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- Late checkout until 12pm (worth £20)
- A 2-night stay, with daily breakfast and late checkout, is £169
This offer is valid for Sunday-Thursday stays 1 October, 2023-31 March, 2024. Friday and Saturday are an extra £10 per night.
Not available on 24-31 December, 2023; 1-2 January, 2024.
With roaring fires, hearty food, and cosy interiors, The Golden Lion is a great choice for a winter escape. This characterful coaching inn is in St Ives on the banks of the River Great Ouse, famous for the chapel that sits on the 15th-century bridge over the water. The market town is replete with history, with over 150 listed buildings, and was home to Oliver Cromwell. You'll also be less than a 30-minute drive from the pretty university city of Cambridge.
Hotel facilities include a relaxed lounge, a cosy bar, and a restaurant serving seasonal British fare using local ingredients. Classic bedrooms feature comfortable beds, freeview TV, tea- and coffee-making facilities, complimentary bottled mineral water, and free Wi-Fi.
- Take advantage of half-price upgrades as part of this exclusive offer: it's an extra £10 per night to stay in a Superior Room, an extra £20 per night to stay in a Deluxe Room, or an extra £30 per night to stay in a Suite
- Dogs can stay in selected rooms for an extra £10 per stay (enquire on booking)
- Children aged 5-12 can stay in a Z-bed for an extra £10 per stay; breakfast is an extra £5. Children under five stay for free