£79 – Scotland: Outer Hebrides stay by white-sand beach
Why We Love This Deal
Overnight stays at the Polochar Inn on the isle of South Uist in Scotland's Outer Hebrides now start from £79 and save up to 58% on booking direct. Steps from the beach and on the Hebridean Way walking path, the hotel is surrounded by "mysterious megaliths, dramatic mountains, and white-sand beaches to rival anywhere in the world" (The Independent).
- This deal is valid for stays until 28 February, 2022. Stays until 31 October, 2021, and from 1 March-30 April, 2022, are £99
- Overnight accommodation in a Petite Double Room, a Standard Double or Twin Room, a Superior Double or Twin Room, or a Family Room (subject to availability on arrival), with full cooked breakfast, for two
- Late checkout until 12pm (worth £10)
- Two-night stays with daily breakfast and late checkout are £139 from November-February, or £159 in October; March-April
- Three-night stays with daily breakfast and late checkout are £210 from November-February, or £240 in October; March-April
- Children are welcome when sharing a room with their parents. A cot or an extra bed can be provided for an additional £15 per child (paid directly to the hotel; enquire on booking)
- Please check Polochar Inn's online booking portal for exact availability and to book your desired dates
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
More Reasons to Go
- The Polochar Inn is the 18th-century former change-house for the ferry to Barra, where travellers could wait between ferry crossings
- The white-sand Polochar Beach is steps from the hotel. It's bordered by machair — fertile grassland that's a haven for birds, including large flocks of lapwing, golden plover, and geese in winter
- Walkers can set off along a section of the Hebridean Way, which stretches almost 200 miles along breath-taking coastline across 10 Scottish islands — the Polochar Inn is on the route
- The Polochar Stone dates from around 2000 BC and is right next to the hotel — you can take in stunning views over the sea towards the Isle of Barra from the stone
- You can sample Hebridean real ales as you relax by the fire in the hotel's bar after a day out
- The hotel sells fishing permits, which can be used to fish one of South Uist's many lochs. The island is famous for its trout fishing, and the hotel has a shed where you can store fishing gear
- Loch Druidibeg nature reserve is less than 25 minutes' drive from the hotel and is rich in wildlife, including otters and birds such as redshank, dunlin, and ringed plover
- The hotel's beer garden is "ideal for dolphin watching and beautiful sunsets", says The AA
- Stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Give a dining, spa, activity, theatre, or hotel experience, and create a memory
Arriving by ferry
The ferry to and from the mainland departs from Oban in Argyll and goes to Lochboisdale, either directly, or via Castlebay in Barra. For timetable details or to make a booking click here, or call 0800 066 5400.
Arriving by air
Flights are available to and from Stornoway airport on the Isle of Lewis (for services to Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Inverness), Benbecula airport (services to Glasgow and Inverness), and Barra airport (services to Glasgow).
For an overview of bus services throughout the Western Isles, click here.
Parking is free. Lochboisdale South Uist Ferry Terminal is less than 15 minutes' drive away.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then visit the hotel's online booking portal to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. You can call the Polochar Inn directly at 01878 700215 or email email@example.com, but all bookings are to be made online. Vouchers can be combined for longer stays. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
Cancellation and refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with the Polochar Inn up to seven days prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
Up to 58% off
How to Book
You can choose between double and twin configurations on booking, but whether you stay in a Petite, Standard, Superior or Family Room will be subject to availability on arrival.