£9 – London: The Postal Museum w/underground Mail Rail ride
Why We Love This Deal
For more than 75 years, the Mail Rail was a vital artery in Britain's communication network. It was once hidden from public view, but now you can ride this underground marvel and learn more about the history of the Royal Mail with unlimited, all-year access to The Postal Museum for £9 -- saving 43% on the usual cost.
- An adult ticket to The Postal Museum, including a ride on the underground Mail Rail* -- click here to read booking instructions
- A child ticket (valid for children aged 3-15) is £8 -- you can add on a session in the Postal Play Space for £4 per child, payable directly to the museum
- Valid daily until 30 September. The Postal Museum exhibitions are open 10am-5pm daily. The first Mail Rail ride is at 10:15am and the last ride leaves at 4:15pm. The ride lasts approximately 15 minutes
Why We Love It
- A 15-minute ride on the miniature Mail Rail "delivers an underground history lesson" of a subterranean railway which "once whizzed four million letters a day across London" (The Guardian)
- You'll travel back in time through the original tunnels and station platforms of London's 100-year-old postal railway, more than 20 metres below Royal Mail's Mount Pleasant sorting office
- Meanwhile, in The Postal Museum you'll explore interactive galleries revealing the surprising history of the British postal service. Exhibits include flintlock pistols used to defend the mail, Victorian Valentine cards, and a whole sheet of Penny Blacks (the world's first adhesive postage stamp)
Maximum group size is seven. Must be used by one adult (16+) in one visit. Entry for children under three years old is free of charge and they do not require a ticket. No limit to the number of vouchers that can be purchased per person or as gifts. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. The photos displayed are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the package. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance at email@example.com.
How to Book
(8 Member Ratings)