£249 – 2-night Cumbria stay w/meals & castle view, was £587
Why We Love This Deal
Appleby Castle is a rural retreat nestled between the North Pennines, the Lakes and the Yorkshire Dales. Be king of the castle with this 57%-off mini break that includes daily breakfast, dinner and a guided tour.
- Two nights' accommodation in a Deluxe Double Room, with daily full English breakfast, for two
- A 2-course dinner each on the first evening (worth £38.95 per person) with a pre-dinner glass of wine (worth £5 per person)
- A complimentary castle tour
- It's £169 for an overnight stay with breakfast, wine, dinner and a castle tour
- August stays are an extra £20; Fridays are an extra £35; Saturdays are an extra £50 (supplements payable to the hotel direct)
Why We Love It
- You'll pay less than half price for a 2-night stay at this historic bolthole in the Cumbrian countryside
- Originally the site of a Roman fort and boasting one of the few remaining intact Norman keeps, the castle dates back to the 12th century and has only been open to the public since 2012
- Appleby Castle is in the Eden Valley, less than half a mile from the town of Appleby-in-Westmorland. The North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the Yorkshire Dales National Park are less than five miles away, while the Lake District is 15 miles away
- The hotel has a games room, a tennis court, extensive grounds to explore and its own stretch of river for fishing
- Outdoor pursuits including shooting, golfing, birds of prey flying displays and hot air ballooning can all be arranged on request. Alternatively, take a ramble around the grounds to see wildlife including red squirrels, foxes and badgers
- Click here to see our list of 101 Things to do in the Lake District
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 017683 30318 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund. There are no TVs in the bedrooms, but guests can borrow a tablet from reception. Breakfast is served from 8-9:30am Monday-Saturday; 8:30-10am Sunday.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Once reservations have been made, bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
Up to 57% off
5-11 June have now sold out
How to Book
(34 Member Ratings)