£139 – 2-night Berkshire manor stay with dinner
Why We Love This Deal
Mini breaks at Donnington Grove, an 18th-century manor in Berkshire with secret gardens, original artwork and hand-painted wallpaper, are now £139, saving up to 60% on the usual cost.
- Two nights' accommodation in a Classic Double room, Executive Main House room or Executive King Summer House room* (subject to availability on booking), and a bottle of white wine with dinner, for two
- Daily full English breakfast (worth £10 per person, per day)
- £50 dining credit per room on the first night (food only)
- Late checkout until 12:30pm (worth £20)
- It's £79 for an overnight stay with breakfast
Why We Love It
- The Strawberry Hill Gothic-style manor is nestled in 500 acres of parkland, within sight of 14th-century Donnington Castle (where entry is free)
- The hotel's 18-hole, par-72 golf course was designed by Dave Thomas, who also worked on the Ryder Cup course at The Belfry
- Dating from the 18th century, the main house still boasts its original hand-painted wallpaper, intricate tapestries and antique furniture
- Donnington Grove has had several famous residents: it was the childhood home of Regency-era dandy Beau Brummell, and was later home to socialite and heiress Daisy Fellowes, a style icon known for her vast jewellery collection
- The River Lambourne runs through the hotel's grounds, and fishing can be arranged for an extra charge
- Newbury, a historic market town famous for its racecourse, is 10 minutes' drive away
- You can take a stroll along the Kennet and Avon canal, an 87-mile-long waterway that extends from Bristol to Reading, and passes through Speen (10 minutes' drive from the hotel)
- Highclere Castle, as seen on TV series "Downton Abbey", is 15 minutes' drive away, and the National Trust's Basildon Park is 30 minutes' drive
*Classic Double rooms are in the Lake View building, which is adjacent to the main house, Executive King Summer House rooms are immediately next to the main house, while Executive Main House rooms are located in the manor house itself.
Parking is free. Newbury railway station is 10 minutes' drive away.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 01635 581000 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Once reservations have been made, bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
up to 60% off
Limited Quantity Available
(62 Member Ratings)
(62 Member Ratings)
Grounds were very nice,but weather wasn’t good enough to enjoy them.. Staff were very pleasant and helpful.. bedroom had lovely views with comfortable beds...
Hotel needs quite a lot of TLC....on the top floor with no lift.. it was like a rabbit Warren with doors and stairs everywhere.. the food was only ok..
Doreen 15 Jun, 2019 Colchester, UK
Ambience of the place, could not be better, staff brilliant, food good, a great package.....
Roger 11 Jun, 2019 Swansea, UK
The room was spacious & comfortable.
we knew there was a golf course but didn't know the hotel bar doubled as the golf clubhouse!Meaning it was overrun with noisy golfers!!
Robert 10 Jun, 2019 Stafford, UK
The room was excellent and the food very good
michael 10 Jun, 2019 Reading, UK
Everything was good from the comfy rooms and the views across the lakes. To the service provided in all areas.
Staff very friendly and accommodating. Rooms very comfortable. Nothing to much trouble. This is my second visit and I would still come back again.
Mrs. A 08 Jun, 2019 Solihull, UK
Room was huge and well appointed. Superb restaurant. Grounds spectacular. Staff excellent
Robert 07 Jun, 2019 Swansea, UK
The period house- have a look at the Cloud ceiling; our room with its beautiful view over the sweeping green lawns; very hot water and excellent water pressure. I put a whole tube of bath gel into the bath and had to prevent the foam climbing over the edge! All the staff we met:the manager, Niget; the receptionist; the restaurant staff were extremely pleasant and helpful
Yvonne 29 May, 2019 Newbury, UK
Location and grounds
Jacqueline 27 May, 2019 Southampton, UK
The situation- walking and relaxing in the lovely, extensive grounds, with the lake and river. The hotel exceeded our expectations and the staff were all very friendly and helpful.
The close proximity of busy roads and the traffic noise did not spoil our enjoyment. We quickly became used to it.
Anne 25 May, 2019 Ledbury, UK
Meeting the general manager Nigel. He was exceptional really approachable and we'll informed. All staff were very helpful. The views were wonderful.
Annette 24 May, 2019 Broadstairs, UK