£199 – Enchanting 'fairytale' experience at Welsh chateau
Why We Love This Deal
A fairytale château awaits on this exclusive Travelzoo deal. Modelled after the 16th-century castles of the Loire Valley, Château Rhianfa overlooks the Menai Strait from the Welsh isle of Anglesey — renowned for its ancient sites and natural beauty. “There can be few better locations than this for a relaxing escape” says The Daily Telegraph and a 2-night break for two with daily breakfast is £199.
- Valid Sunday-Thursday until 31 March, 2023
- A 2-night stay for two people in a Château Standard Double Room, with daily full Welsh breakfast
- It’s £169 for a 2-night B&B stay in a Rhianfa Lodge Standard Double Room. Lodge rooms are in a modern building within the grounds, a short walk from the château
- It’s £249 for a 2-night B&B stay in a Château Sea View Double Room or an Executive Double Room (subject to availability)
- Not available on 23-31 December, 2022; 1-2 January; 13-17 February, 2023
More Reasons to Go
- The Daily Mail describes Château Rhianfa as “gloriously romantic” and The Daily Telegraph proclaims that this “fairytale chateau” is “one of Britain's most extraordinary Victorian seaside houses”
- The Grade II-listed property has a warren of rooms to explore, with period décor such as tapestries, chandeliers, and stained-glass windows featuring throughout
- Afternoon tea is taken in the hotel’s lounges, which have views of the Menai Strait and the Snowdonia Mountain range, and dinner served in the AA-Rosette-awarded Le Dragon Rouge restaurant. Wine tastings can even be organised in its cellar (fees for all apply)
- The pretty town of Beaumaris, home to a 13th-century castle built by King Edward I, is less than 10 minutes' drive away
- Ynys Llanddwyn is a picturesque spot, thanks to the romantic ties of its ruined church (once home to Saint Dwynwen, the Welsh patron saint of lovers) and sandy cove. It’s a 40-minute drive from the hotel
- Almost all of Anglesey’s coastline is classed as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Isle of Anglesey Coastal Path is one of the best ways to experience it first hand, with route maps for each of the 12 sections found online
- The boundaries of Snowdonia National Park are around 20 minutes’ drive away
- Stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Give a dining, spa, activity, theatre, or hotel experience, and create a memory
Voucher Cancellation & Refund Policy:Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Once you book your dates, changes and cancellations are subject to the hotel's cancellation or rescheduling policy and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the hotel prior to refunding your voucher. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to "My Account.” After 14 days your voucher becomes nonrefundable.
Hotel Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy: Once you’ve made your reservation, you cannot change your travel dates with the hotel. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional fees or voucher forfeiture.
Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
up to 37% off
How to Book
- Not available on 23-31 December, 2022; 1-2 January; 13-17 February, 2023.
- Parking is free. Bangor railway station is around 15 minutes' drive from the hotel.
- This is an adults-only deal
- Accessibility: The hotel will do its best to accommodate individual requirements. Enquire directly to discuss the availability of appropriate accommodation.
- Pets cannot stay as part of this deal.
(30 Member Ratings)