£198 – Wales coaching inn stay with meals for £99 per person
Why We Love This Deal
Surrounded by nature and part of the beautiful UNESCO Dyfi Biosphere, Machynlleth in Wales is "a bustling little place with a great vibe" (Rough Guides). The Wynnstay is an 18th-century coaching inn in the town’s centre and a 2-night autumn or winter retreat is now £198 for two, or £99 for solo travellers. This includes breakfast and dinner on each day and saves up to 40% on the hotel's direct flexible rates.
- Valid seven days a week until 31 March, 2023
- A 2-night stay for two people in a Standard Double room, with daily full Welsh breakfast
- A £30 per person, per night dining credit to spend in the hotel's restaurant
- Solo travellers can stay in a Single room for £99*, with dinner each night and breakfast included
- It's £20 more per night to stay in a Superior room or £30 more per night to stay in a Four Poster room**, payable direct to the hotel. Superior and Four Poster rooms are larger than Standard Double rooms
- Combine multiple vouchers for longer stays
- Not available on 24-26, 31 December, 2022
More Reasons to Go
- The Wynnstay is a "rather quirky building abounding in atmosphere and personality," says VisitWales
- Head chef Gareth Johns — a member of the Master Chefs of Great Britain and the Slow Food Ambassador Chef for Wales — has developed a menu that places an emphasis on seasonal ingredients and locally sourced Welsh produce
- Machynlleth is nestled among the spectacular natural landscapes of the Dyfi Biosphere. This pretty, rural market town is known for its landmark clock tower, and has been described as a "centre of all things New Age" (Rough Guides); visit the Centre for Alternative Technology, less than 10 minutes' drive away, to learn about environmental preservation
- Glyndwr's Way National Trail, a cycling and hiking route through rolling hills and woodland, passes through the town
- RSPB Ynys-hir is a 10-minute drive away; the marshes and wet grasslands of this 700-hectare nature reserve are a haven for lapwings, red kites, otters, and butterflies. In winter, you can see hen harriers, teals, and merlins
**Solo travellers wishing to stay in Superior or Four Poster rooms must purchase the 2-person voucher and then contact the hotel to upgrade.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel on 01654 702 941 or email email@example.com to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability.
Voucher Cancellation & Refund Policy: Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to “My Account”. After 14 days, your voucher is nonrefundable. If advanced reservations are required, changes and cancellations are subject to the merchant’s cancellation or rescheduling policy, and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the merchant prior to refunding your voucher.
Merchant Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy: Once you’ve made your reservation, you cannot change your travel dates with the hotel. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional fees or voucher forfeiture.
Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
up to 40% off
Limited Quantity Available
How to Book
- Not available on 24-26, 31 December, 2022.
- Parking is free. Machynlleth train station is less than 10 minutes' walk from the hotel.
- Children aged 5-15 can stay on a B&B basis for an extra £15 per child (payable direct to the hotel). Guests aged 16 and over are charged as adults.
- Well behaved dogs can stay for £15 per night, payable direct to the hotel — enquire upon booking. Guide dogs and assistance dogs are welcome.
- Accessibility: The Wynnstay is a historic building and doesn't have a lift and has no ground floor rooms. The hotel will do its best to accommodate individual requirements. Enquire directly to discuss the availability of appropriate accommodation.
(446 Member Ratings)