Sold outThis deal was published October 25, 2023 and sold out December 06, 2023. See current deals
£149—Stylish country retreat in the Surrey Hills
Why We Love This Deal
Escape to Barnett Hill Country House Hotel on the edge of the Surrey Hills from £149 until March. A "gingerbread-brick palace" (The Daily Telegraph), the estate was once the Thomas Cook family's residence. Now, it's a stylish country retreat with chic interiors and a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant.
- Valid until 31 March, 2024
- £149... Sunday-Thursday
- £165... Friday
- £279... Sunday-Thursday
- £329... Friday
- £315... Saturday
- Accommodation in a Comfy King room, with full English breakfast, for two
- Upgrade to a Luxury Super King room for an extra £20 per night or a Splendid Attic suite for an extra £75 per night, payable direct to the hotel
- Not available on 24-26, 31 December, 2023; 14 February, 2024
More Reasons to Go
- The property boasts 56 boutique rooms and suites with luxury furnishings, plush linens and custom wallpaper. The Daily Telegraph describes the accommodation as "swanky" and the hallways "redolent of Kensington Palace".
- You'll be spoiled for dining options during your stay: indulge in 2-AA-Rosette dining in the formal Oak Hall Restaurant and Bar; choose from three afternoon tea experiences in the cosy lounge or the garden terrace; or unwind with a cocktail in 1905 Bar (supplements apply).
- Barnett Hill is in the pretty Surrey village of Wonersh, which has a collection of half-timbered Tudor buildings and some great walking and cycling routes on the doorstep, including Box Hill, Leith Hill, and the Devil's Punch Bowl.
- Guildford town centre is around 10 minutes' drive from the hotel and has plenty to do all year round—visit galleries and museums, explore the castle and guildhall building, and walk along the River Taw.
- Loseley Park and Gardens—a 16th-century country pile with landscaped gardens—is less than 15 minutes' drive away, as is the National Trust's Winkworth Arboretum and tea rooms.
- Stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Give a dining, spa, activity, theatre, or hotel experience, and create a memory.
Voucher Cancellation & Refund Policy: Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to “My Account.” After 14 days, your voucher is nonrefundable. At the time of checkout you can make vouchers refundable until they expire, for a fee. If advanced reservations are required, changes and cancellations are subject to the merchant’s cancellation or rescheduling policy, and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the merchant prior to refunding your voucher.
Hotel Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy: Once you've booked your dates with the hotel, cancellations are not permitted. This is a non-refundable rate. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy or if you fail to arrive for your stay, you may be subject to additional cancellation/change fees by the hotel.
Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
How to Book
- Not available on 24-26, 31 December, 2023; 14 February, 2024.
- Parking is free.
- Children can stay in upgraded Luxury Super King Rooms and Splendid Attic Suites; supplements apply, enquire upon booking.
- Small- and medium-sized dogs can stay for a £40 per stay supplement, payable direct to the hotel. Enquire upon booking.
- Accessibility: Please contact the hotel for more information.