Sold outThis deal was published October 19, 2023 and sold out November 30, 2023. See current deals
£99—Royal 17th-century lodge in the Forest of Dean
Why We Love This Deal
Tucked away in the Forest of Dean and beside the beautiful Wye Valley, The Speech House is a historic property originally built as a hunting lodge for King Charles II. It has retained many of its original 17th-century features, including open fireplaces and a raised gallery. An overnight stay for two is £99 and includes breakfast, a bottle of wine on arrival, and late checkout.
- Valid Sunday-Thursday until 29 February, 2024. It’s £10 more per night for Fridays and Saturdays; and for stays in March and April 2024, payable direct to the hotel
- An overnight stay for two people in a Superior Main House or Courtyard Four Poster Room (subject to availability on booking), with breakfast
- A bottle of house wine (worth £20.05)
- Late checkout until midday (worth £15)
- It's £189 for a 2-night stay, with daily breakfast and the same inclusions
- Not available on 25 November; 1-2, 22-31 December, 2023; 1-13 January; 2-3, 14-15 February; 3-7, 12-16, 28-31 March; 6 April, 2024
More Reasons to Go
- This rural property dates back to 1669 when it was built as a hunting lodge for King Charles II.
- Verderers, the hotel's fine-dining restaurant, was originally Verderers Court and it was here that judicial officers passed judgement on any misdemeanours in the royal forest. Many original features of this room, such as the gallery, still exist and sit in the same position as they did more than 300 years ago.
- For a more casual dining experience, the Orangery serves up some traditional pub favourites, light snacks, and afternoon tea.
- The Speech House sits next to the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Symonds Yat Rock is a popular vantage point, with views of the River Wye and both sides of the valley. It is less than 15 minutes' drive from the hotel.
- The ruins of Tintern Abbey, the subject of Wordsworth's famous poem, is around 25 minutes' drive away. Gloucester is a 30-minute drive, and the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is around 45 minutes away.
- Stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Give a dining, spa, activity, theatre, or hotel experience, and create a memory.
Voucher Cancellation & Refund Policy: Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Once you book your dates, changes and cancellations are subject to the hotel's cancellation or rescheduling policy and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the hotel prior to refunding your voucher. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to "My Account.” After 14 days, your voucher becomes nonrefundable. For a fee, you can make vouchers refundable until their expiration date when you check out.
Hotel Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy: Once you’ve made your reservation, you cannot change your travel dates with the hotel. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional fees or voucher forfeiture.
Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
up to 47% off
How to Book
Click 'continue' to purchase your voucher. Then contact the hotel directly to check availability and complete your reservation.
- Parking is free.
- Children (up to the age of 14) can be accommodated in family rooms for £25 per child, per night, on a bed-and-breakfast basis. Some rooms have space for a Z bed for smaller children, for £15. This is payable direct to the hotel — enquire upon booking.
- The hotel’s accessibility statement can be accessed here.
- Pets cannot stay as part of this deal.