£89 – Royal 17th-century lodge in the Forest of Dean
Why We Love This Deal
The Speech House Hotel was originally built in the 17th century for King Charles II as a hunting lodge, and many of the property's original features, from open fireplaces to the raised Verderers gallery, remain. Overnight stays at this historic hotel in the Forest of Dean are now less than £45 per person, save up to 46% on the usual rates, and include a bottle of wine on arrival and late checkout.
- Valid daily 1 November, 2021-28 February, 2022; Sunday-Thursday March, 2022
- An overnight stay for two in a Superior Main House or Courtyard Four Poster room (subject to availability on booking), with breakfast
- A bottle of house wine (worth £17.50)
- Late checkout until midday (worth £15)
- It's £169 for a 2-night stay with daily breakfast and the same inclusions
- Combine multiple vouchers for longer stays
- Not available on 6, 9, 20, 27-28 November; 4, 23-31 December, 2021; 1-7 January; 12-14, 19-23 February; 15-17, and Fridays and Saturdays in March, 2022
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
More Reasons to Go
- This rural property dates back to 1669 when it was built as a hunting lodge for King Charles II
- Verderers, the hotel's fine-dining restaurant, was originally Verderers Court and it was here that judicial officers passed judgement on any misdemeanours in the royal forest. Many original features of this room, such as the gallery, still exist and sit in the same position as they did more than 300 years ago
- For a more casual dining experience, the Orangery serves up some traditional pub favourites, light snacks, and afternoon tea
- The Speech House Hotel sits next to the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Symonds Yat Rock is a popular vantage point, with views of the River Wye and both sides of the valley. It is less than 15 minutes' drive from the hotel
- The ruins of Tintern Abbey, the subject of Wordsworth's famous poem, is around 25 minutes' drive away. Gloucester is a 30-minute drive, and the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is around 45 minutes away
Children (up to the age of 14) can be accommodated in family rooms for £25 per child, per night, on a bed-and-breakfast basis. Some rooms have space for a Z bed for smaller children, for £15. This is payable direct to the hotel — enquire upon booking.
Pets cannot stay as part of this deal.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 01594 822607 or email email@example.com to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability.
Cancellation and refunds: If your dates are not available, if you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with the hotel at least 24 hours prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. All meals will be served in compliance with current government regulations at the time of your stay. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
up to 46% off
How to Book
(86 Member Ratings)