£225 – North Devon: 2-nt coastal escape w/meals, was £396
Why We Love This Deal
The village of Clovelly on the North Devon coast has hardly changed in 200 years: cars are not allowed on its cobbled main street, and donkeys and sledges are the only transport. You can now spend two nights at an 18th-century inn on the harbourside for £225, saving up to 43% on the usual price.
- Two nights' accommodation in a Standard Double Room, with daily full English breakfast, for two
- A 2-course dinner each on the first night (worth £28 per person)
- A complimentary cream tea each
- Fridays and Saturdays are an extra £20 per night (payable to the hotel direct)
- It's an extra £15 per night to stay in a Deluxe Room (payable to the hotel direct)
Why We Love It
- The hotel is on the harbour in Clovelly, a peaceful pedestrianised village on the North Devon coast that visitors have to pay to enter
- The restaurant uses local ingredients, including produce from Clovelly Court Gardens, fresh fish landed on the quay and game from Clovelly Estate
- The Daily Telegraph scores the hotel nine out of 10, praising the "sublime" food, "delightful" location and bedrooms with "some of the prettiest views in the country"
- The building dates back to the 18th century, when it was a beer house where Clovelly fishermen gathered to swap their tales of fabulous catches and perilous seas
- The Red Lion was the birthplace of the sailor Salvation Yeo, a character in Charles Kingsley's classic West Country novel Westward Ho!
- Guests get to park down by the quay, saving the hilly stroll into town
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 01237 431237 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. The reception is open from 9am-6pm to take bookings. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
*Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Once reservations have been made, bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
up to 43% off
How to Book
(32 Member Ratings)