£99 – Historic Rye inn autumn getaway w/breakfast, was £160
Why We Love This Deal
Bed-and-breakfast stays for two at a former smuggler's hideaway in East Sussex are now £99. The Mermaid Inn is on a "storybook lovely" (The Daily Telegraph) street in Rye — one of The 25 Most Beautiful Small Towns in Europe, according to Condé Nast Traveler — and is over 600 years old.
- Accommodation in a Standard or Superior Room* (subject to availability on booking), with full English breakfast, for two
- Combine multiple vouchers for longer stays
- Dogs can stay in select rooms for an extra £5 per night** (payable direct to the hotel; enquire on booking)
- There is limited availability on Fridays
- Not available on 23-27, 31 December, 2021-1 January; 14 February, 2022
- Due to current government restrictions, this hotel is now temporarily closed. Visit the hotel's website for more information. This voucher is valid from 1 September, 2021, until 31 March, 2022. Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- An overnight B&B stay here is usually £160 in a Standard Room or £180 in a Superior Room, so you could save up to 45% if you stay in the upgraded room type (subject to availability on booking)
- The Mermaid Inn is in Rye, a town known for its cobbled lanes and half-timbered Tudor houses: it's "possibly the south of England's quaintest town", says Lonely Planet
- This famous former smugglers' inn dates back to 1420; it was reputedly visited by Elizabeth I and has hosted the Queen Mother
- Camber Castle, Henry VIII's 16th-century fort, and Rye Harbour Nature Reserve are both five minutes' drive away
- There's a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant that serves "memorable dishes", according to The AA
- Rye railway station is around five minutes' walk from the hotel
- See the hotel's Covid-19 policy here
Children aged 0-5 stay free; children aged 6-14 are an extra £30 (payable direct to the hotel; enquire on booking). Guests aged 15 and over are considered adults.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 01797 223065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with The Mermaid Inn at least two days prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. All meals will be served in accordance with government regulations at the time of your stay. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
*Superior Rooms are on the top floor of the property. There is no lift at the hotel.
**Dogs are not allowed in any of the hotel's public areas and owners must provide bedding.
(157 Member Ratings)