£139 – Somerset country house stay inc prosecco & dinner
Why We Love This Deal
Nestled in Somerset's Quantock Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Combe House Hotel "offers a comfort blanket of relaxation" (The Daily Telegraph), so you can snuggle up in front of the roaring log fire in the bar, tuck into hearty meals in the restaurant, and feast on countryside views. Now £139, overnight stays include dinner, a glass of prosecco, and breakfast, and save up to 28% on the usual price.
- This deal is valid Sunday-Thursday until 31 March, 2022. Fridays and Saturdays are £15 more per night (payable direct to the hotel; 2-night minimum stay required)
- Overnight accommodation in a Classic Room, with early check-in from 1pm (subject to availability on booking) and full English breakfast (worth £8 per person), for two
- A pre-dinner glass of prosecco each (worth £6 per person) and £30 dinner credit per person to spend on the à la carte menu (members arriving on a Sunday will get a 3-course Sunday lunch, available 12:30-7:30pm and worth £28.50 per person)
- A 2-night stay is £199 and a 3-night stay is £259, with the extra nights on B&B
- Stay in a Superior Room for an extra £10 per night (payable direct to the hotel)
- Not available on 23-26, 31 December, 2021; 1 January, 2022
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
More Reasons to Go
- The hotel is in a wooded valley in an area that has red deer, wild ponies, and even an extinct volcano
- The property dates from the 1600s and is a Grade II-listed former watermill; the original 26-foot-diameter waterwheel is still in place
- William Wordsworth and Samuel Taylor Coleridge both lived in the area in the 1790s; many of the poems in their collection Lyrical Ballads were inspired by the surrounding countryside
- The on-site restaurant and bar use produce from local suppliers, from Somerset cider to artisan cheese
- Dunster Castle, Exmoor National Park, and the West Somerset Railway at Bishop's Lydeard — the longest heritage railway in England — are all less than 30 minutes' drive from the hotel
- The Woodland Hill circular walk passes right by the hotel. It will take you through open heathland and offers impressive views of the Somerset Levels, the Mendip Hills, the Bristol Channel, and the Brecon Beacons
- Stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Give a dining, spa, activity, theatre or hotel experience, and create a memory
Dogs can stay for an extra £10 per dog, per night (payable direct to the hotel; please enquire on booking)
Accessible rooms are available at this hotel; enquire upon booking.
Parking is free. The hotel is 25 minutes' drive from Bridgwater railway station; Taunton station is around 30 minutes' drive and has direct services to London.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call 01278 741 382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability.
If your dates are not available, go to My Account and choose Get Refund.
Cancellation and refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with the hotel at least 48 hours prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication (14 October, 2021). The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
Up to 28% off
Limited Quantity Available
(123 Member Ratings)