£139 – Cumbria castle escape inc meals, was £252
Why We Love This Deal
Appleby Castle is a rural retreat nestled between the North Pennines, the Lakes and the Yorkshire Dales. Be king of the castle this winter or spring and save up to 45% on a mini break including breakfast, dinner and a glass of wine each.
- Overnight accommodation in a the Sackville, De Morville, Atkinson, Thanet or LeMeshin Room, with continental breakfast, for two
- A 2-course dinner each (starter and main course, worth £38.95 per person)
- A pre-dinner glass of wine (worth £5 per person)
- It's £239 for a 2-night stay, with daily continental breakfast, a 2-course dinner with a glass of wine on the first evening, plus a castle tour to take on either day of your stay
- Saturdays are an extra £20 in the Sackville Room, the De Morville Room and the Atkinson Room; and an extra £15 in the Thanet Room and the LeMeshin Room (payable to the hotel direct)
- Not available on 14-15 February
Why We Love It
- You save up to 45% on stays at this historic bolthole in the Cumbrian countryside
- Originally the site of a Roman fort and featuring one of the few remaining intact Norman keeps, the castle dates back to the 12th century and has only been open to the public since 2012
- Appleby Castle is in the Eden Valley, less than half a mile from the town of Appleby-in-Westmorland. The North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the Yorkshire Dales National Park are less than five miles away, while the Lake District is 15 miles away
- The hotel has a games room, a tennis court, extensive grounds to explore and its own stretch of river for fishing
- Outdoor pursuits including shooting, golf, birds of prey flying displays and hot air ballooning can all be arranged on request (supplements apply). Alternatively, take a ramble around the grounds to see wildlife including red squirrels, foxes and badgers
- Rooms are located in the old servants' quarters at the top of the castle; some have sloped ceilings with skylights
- Click here to see our list of 101 Things to do in the Lake District
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly on 017683 30318 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund. There are no TVs in the bedrooms, but guests can borrow a tablet from reception. Breakfast is served from 8-9:30am Monday-Saturday; 8:30-10am Sunday.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Once reservations have been made, bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
up to 45% off
How to Book
(22 Member Ratings)