£159 – 2-Night Cheshire Getaway w/2 Dinners, Was £278
The Royal Oak
Stays at an award-winning Cheshire inn are now 42% cheaper than usual. A 2-night getaway at the 19th-century The Royal Oak in Kelsall is £159, and includes daily breakfast and dinner.
Why We Love It
- The inn is located in the village of Kelsall, within 20 minutes' drive of Chester and the ruins of 12th-century Beeston Castle, which sit on a rocky outcrop 110 metres above Cheshire Plain
- The area is good for walkers -- the hotel provides a map of three local walks, and longer routes include the Sandstone Trail, between Frodsham to Whitchurch, and the Eddisbury Way, which links Frodsham and Burwardsley
- Delamere Forest -- where you can go mountain biking, take a Segway tour or visit the family-friendly Go Ape Tree Top Adventure and Gruffalo Trail -- is a 10-minute drive from the hotel
- The Blue Planet Aquarium, Chester Racecourse and Chester Zoo are within 25 minutes' drive of the hotel
- Two nights' accommodation in a Deluxe Double Room, with daily full English breakfast, for two
- £22 dining credit per person, per night, to spend on food from the à la carte menu
- Friday and Saturday nights are an extra £15 per night (payable to the hotel direct)
- Upgrade to a Superior Room for an extra £10 per night (payable to the hotel direct)
- Not available on 5-6, 27-28 May; 2, 30 Jun; 1, 8, 15, 29 Jul
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 01829 751208 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Once reservations have been made, bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
(311 Member reviews)
(311 Member reviews)
Lovely staff wonderful room great food wonderful area
Wendy 11. Apr 2017 United Kingdom
malcolm 11. Apr 2017 United Kingdom
The big bed
It was really hot in the bedroom as the radiators were blasting out even in low so we had the windows open the whole time. There was a basic selection at breakfast and the salmon & scrambled egg was nice.
Leah 07. Apr 2017 United Kingdom
Room was large clean and quiet
Mrs S M 04. Apr 2017 United Kingdom
Clean rooms friendly staff and excellent food.
Stayed here for two nights great location.The staff was friendly and rooms were excellent food was great too... defiantly come back.
Paul 19. Mar 2017 United Kingdom
Very nice clean and friendly service from the staff it was all really good apart from the noise
So much noise when in the room, constant hoovering and banging
Amandeep 15. Mar 2017 United Kingdom
The room we had was newly refurbished, spacious and comfortable. A host of teas and coffee available in the room, plus wifi.
The menu is extensive with some unusual offerings. However we found some dishes may have stood at the pass too long and had overheated and gone dry. Pity because it was a very pleasant atmosphere and comfortable. 7.5/10
Richard 09. Mar 2017 United Kingdom
Quick check in and shown into our room which had been modernised and was very comfortable. All of the staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. We had dinner and breakfast here and the meals were excellent. Overall a very comfortable and enjoyable stay, we will be going back.
Steven 07. Mar 2017 United Kingdom
This hotel and its staff is lovely. Our room was of good size and very clean. We ate 2 out of 3 nights and all meals were delicious. We will definitely be returning.
amanda 27. Feb 2017 United Kingdom
Friendly and professional staff. Warm comfortable room and excellent cuisine.
Michael 11. Feb 2017 United Kingdom