£109 – Durham: 16th-century manor stay with dinner, 56% off
Why We Love This Deal
Stay overnight at Hallgarth Manor House, a 16th-century hotel that's less than 15 minutes' drive from Durham, an "unsung English Eden" with a "fantastical jumble of soaring towers and winding streets" (Condé Nast Traveller). For £109 you'll get breakfast, a bottle of prosecco, cream tea, and a 3-course evening meal, and you'll also save up to 56% on the usual price.
- Overnight accommodation in a Deluxe Double Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- A bottle of prosecco on arrival
- A 3-course dinner from the all-day menu
- Cream tea, including freshly baked scones, jam, and whipped cream
- Late checkout until 2pm
- Stay for two nights for £159 or for three nights for £219, including daily breakfast, a bottle of prosecco, cream tea on one day, and dinner on the first night
- Children aged 12 and under can stay for free on a B&B basis
- Pets cannot stay as part of this deal
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Durham cathedral and climb the tower's 325 steps for stunning views across the city
- Darlington, where the world’s first railway opened in 1825 and home to Head of Steam — Darlington Railway museum is approximately 30 minutes' drive away
- You can visit Durham's Victorian Market Hall, which is open every Monday-Saturday and sells artisan breads, local cheeses, and traditional sweets
- Alnwick Castle and Alnwick Garden, used as a set for both Harry Potter and "Downton Abbey", is over an hour's drive away — you can climb the wobbly rope bridges, dine in the treetop restaurant, or hunt for fairies in the garden of fairy tales
- Hadrian's Wall and Northumberland National Park are roughly an hour and 15 minutes' drive away
- The restaurant and The Tavern Bar serves hearty dishes made with local produce — think chicken liver pâté with onion chutney and ciabatta, homemade beef lasagne, and sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 0191 372 1188 or email email@example.com to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability.
Cancellation and refunds: If your dates are not available, if you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with the hotel by calling Hallgarth Manor House at least 24 hours prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. All meals will be served in compliance with current government regulations at the time of your stay. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.