£99 – 'Magnificent' Northumberland castle: stay inc wine
Why We Love This Deal
Built around 1350 during the reign of Edward III, Langley Castle is a medieval fortress with its own chapel, stained-glass windows, and ornamental traceries. Bed-and-breakfast stays on the 10-acre estate, with views of the castle, are now less than £50 per person — that's 50% off the regular rates.
- Overnight accommodation in a Castle View Standard Room (in a period building in the castle grounds), with full Northumbrian breakfast, for two
- A bottle of house wine (worth £20.25)
- Alternatively, an overnight stay with breakfast, a 3-course set-menu dinner in the hotel restaurant (worth £44.95 per person), and a bottle of house wine with dinner is £169; a 2-night stay with the extra night on B&B is £259
- It's an extra £25 per night to stay in a Castle View Suite; or an extra £50 per night to stay in a Deluxe Castle Room in the castle building (payable to the hotel direct)
- Fridays are an extra £20 and Saturdays are an extra £30 (payable direct to the hotel)
- Not available on 16, 25 October; 4-5, 10, 24-27, 31 December, 2020; 1, 3-4 January; 13-15 February; 6, 12-13, 27 March; 4, 24 April, 2021
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- The AA calls Langley a "magnificent 14th-century fortified castle" with "stylish" bedrooms
- There is a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant, a drawing room, and a cosy bar — you may even spot the odd peacock in the castle grounds
- The Daily Telegraph describes the hotel as "the real deal: a 14th-century castle — all battlements and seven-foot thick walls", while the Manchester Evening News says it has an "abundance of historical intrigue and romance"
- The hotel sits on a scenic road over the North Pennines, around 10 minutes' drive from the pretty market town of Hexham
- Sycamore Gap (often referred to as Robin Hood's Tree), and Housesteads Roman Fort, an English Heritage site on Hadrian's Wall, are less than 20 minutes' drive away
- The hotel won the award for North East Hotel of the Year 2018 at the North East Tourism Awards
- Travelzoo members who reviewed their stay praise the "glorious setting", "amazing food", and "excellent service
- See the hotel's Covid-19 policy here
- See all our Christmas gift deals
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 01434 688888 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Once reservations have been made, if you decide not to travel, first cancel with the hotel (at least 14 days prior to arrival), then contact us for a refund. All meals will be served in compliance with current government regulations at the time of your stay. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
up to 50% off
(36 Member Ratings)