£59 – Country inn stay near Cotswolds w/breakfast, save 48%
Why We Love This Deal
The Cartwright Hotel is in Aynho, a little village near Banbury on the border of Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire, and 20 minutes' drive from the edge of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Bed-and-breakfast stays at this converted coaching inn are now £59, and save up to 48% on the usual price.
- Overnight accommodation in a Standard Room (in either the main building or an extension at the rear of the property), with full English breakfast, for two
- A 2-night stay is £118 and a 3-night stay is £177, both with daily breakfast
- Stay in a Premier Room for an extra £10 per night (payable direct to the hotel)
- Saturdays are an extra £10 (payable direct to the hotel)
- Not available on 24-26, 31 December, 2020; 1 January, 2021
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- The Cartwright Hotel is a Grade II-listed former coaching inn dating from the 16th century
- The property is near the Oxfordshire/Northamptonshire border between Banbury and Oxford, in the quintessentially English village of Aynho
- Aynho is affectionately known as the Apricot Village due to the abundance of fruit trees. Legend has it that villagers in the cottages used to give apricots to the lords of the manor as rent
- Broughton Castle — a grand, moated manor house with ornamental gardens — is around 15 minutes' drive from the hotel
- You can visit the Cotswolds countryside, Silverstone Circuit, or Bicester Village designer shopping outlet — all are within 20 minutes' drive of the hotel
- Bletchley Park, the British Motor Museum, and Waddesdon Manor — a 19th-century country house built in the Neo-Renaissance style of a French château — are all less than 35 minutes away by car
- The property features an oak-beamed real ale bar with an oak floor and a wood-burning stove, and a candlelit restaurant that serves dishes made with locally sourced seasonal ingredients
- The hotel has increased hygiene regulations to prevent the spread of Covid-19 — there is a one-way system in the bar and restaurant, and housekeeping will not enter the room during your stay (fresh towels will be provided on request)
- See all our Christmas gift deals
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 01869 811885 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Once reservations have been made, if you decide not to travel, first cancel with the hotel (at least 24 hours prior to arrival), then contact us for a refund. All meals will be served in accordance with government regulations at the time of your stay. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
Up to 48% off
How to Book
(227 Member Ratings)