£89 – Shrewsbury coaching-inn stay w/meals, was £169
Dinner, bed and breakfast stays at The Lion Hotel in the centre of Shrewsbury -- a historic market town that Lonely Planet describes as a "delightful jumble of winding medieval streets" -- are now £89.
- Overnight accommodation in a Standard Double Room or Superior Room (subject to availability at the time of booking), with full English breakfast, for two
- A 3-course dinner from the Hayward Restaurant menu (worth £28.70 per person)
- A pre-dinner glass of prosecco (worth £6.95 per person)
- There is a supplement of £10 per room, per night, for Friday stays, and £20 per room, per night, for Saturday stays (payable to the hotel directly)
- A 2-night stay (available seven days a week) with dinner on the first night only and a pre-dinner glass of prosecco is £149 in August and £139 September-October*
- We have also negotiated an offer on an afternoon tea for two for £19
- A 2-course meal with a cocktail for two is £25
- Not available on 10-12, 25-27 Aug; 8-9 Sep; 7, 14 Oct
Why We Love It
- The Grade I-listed former coaching inn has antique furnishings, grandfather clocks and original wooden beams
- Charles Darwin stayed here before embarking on his journey to South America, the Galapagos Islands and Australia
- Charles Dickens is said to have written The Pickwick Papers while a guest at the inn
- Haughmond Abbey, a ruined medieval Augustinian monastery, is 15 minutes' drive from the property and The Iron Bridge, the world's first cast-iron bridge, is 30 minutes' drive away
- Powis Castle, a National Trust medieval castle, fortress and grand country mansion, is a 40-minute drive away; it has views of Long Mountain, which the Daily Mail describes as a "stunning backdrop"
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 01743 353107 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Once reservations have been made, bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
When You Can Go
Mon-Sat 1 Sep-31 Oct; £99 1-31 Aug; +£10 Fri; +£20 Sat
How to Book
(145 Member reviews)