£12 – Greenwich: painted ceilings tour for 2 with hot drink
Why We Love This Deal
The Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College is a "rare British example of sheer baroque splendour", according to The Daily Telegraph. You and a friend can now see this "visual feast" in Greenwich, plus explore the grounds and buildings of the Old Royal Naval College, for £6 a head. This offer is exclusive to Travelzoo members.
- Two tickets to the Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College. Your ticket includes entry to the Painted Hall with a multimedia guide (available in seven languages), plus a guided or self-guided tour of the grounds and buildings which includes the Victorian Skittle Alley where you can try your hand at Victorian bowling
- A tea or coffee each
- Up to four children under 17, and a disabled person's companion can visit for free, accompanied by a paying ticket holder
- Valid 10am-5pm daily until 29 February
Why We Love It
- The Painted Hall is often referred to as Britain's Sistine Chapel and was painted in the 18th century by James Thornhill, who spent almost 20 years working on its over 4000 square feet of decoration -- it reopened in early 2019 after a 2-year £8.5million refurbishment
- The Daily Telegraph calls it "Britain's best example of the painted ceiling", praising the "immensely impressive" and "brilliant" artwork
- You can expect "vivid colour and incredible detail", says Sky News
- With your ticket you can also visit the Victorian Skittle Alley at the Old Royal Naval College -- you can even use a practice cannon ball to try and knock down the original wooden skittles
Must be used in one visit. No limit to the number of vouchers that can be purchased per person or as gifts. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. The photos displayed are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the package. If you experience any difficulties, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance at email@example.com.