£169 – London: 'luxurious' 5-star stay near Covent Garden
Why We Love This Deal
You can expect "luxurious accommodation" (The Michelin Guide 2020) at the 5-star Great Scotland Yard Hotel, which opened in December, 2019, and is housed in a "handsome Edwardian building" (The Daily Telegraph). Overnight stays in this prime central London spot, a short walk from Covent Garden, now start from £169 — all the way until September, 2021.
- Overnight accommodation in a King Room or a Courtyard View Room, with full English breakfast, for two (table service)
- It's £169 to stay Sunday-Friday from 20 November, 2020-30 April, 2021, or you can book a cheaper rate of £159 for stays from now until 19 November, 2020 — Saturday stays are an extra £15 (payable directly to the hotel)
- Stays in May-September, 2021, are an extra £10 (£179) per night Sunday-Thursday, and an extra £25 (£194) per night Friday-Saturday — buy the £169 voucher and pay the supplement directly to the hotel
- You can also stay over New Year's Eve on 30 December, 2020 (there's a 2-night minimum stay, so you must purchase two vouchers), for £229 per night (£458 total)
- Combine multiple vouchers for longer stays
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- The hotel is ideally located for sightseeing — the River Thames and Trafalgar Square (home to the National Gallery) are five minutes' walk away, while The London Eye is less than 10 minutes' walk away
- "This addition to the luxury hotel scene sees a famous London address given new life", says The Daily Telegraph — the hotel occupies the site of the former headquarters of the Metropolitan Police and is where the Army Recruiting Office had its headquarters for both World Wars
- "Rooms are tastefully decorated with delicate nods to the building's history" — The Michelin Guide 2020
- According to a reviewer from The Times, this "luxury city bolthole" is a "swish place to stay"
- The hotel houses over 600 specially commissioned artworks from 28 artists, including Nicola Green, Cornelia Parker OBE, Marcus Hodge, and Piers Bourke
- The hotel has a gym, a tea room (The Parlour), a restaurant (The Yard), The 40 Elephants Bar (named after a notorious gang of female thieves), and a whiskey bar, Sibín, that's hidden behind a false bookcase*
- See all our Christmas gift deals
Embankment Tube station, and Charing Cross railway and Tube stations are less than five minutes' walk from the hotel.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email email@example.com or call the hotel directly on 0207 925 4700 and press 1 to make a reservation for your desired stay. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with Great Scotland Yard Hotel, at least 24 hours prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date. All meals will be served in accordance with government regulations at the time of your stay.
*In light of Covid-19 and for precautionary measures, the following services and facilities will be impacted: for inquiries, please contact the hotel directly. The Parlour, The Sibín Bar, and the gym will be unavailable until further notice. The Yard by Robin Gill (open for breakfast), and The 40 Elephants Bar (serving light snacks and beverages) will be offering a limited service. Note face masks or coverings are required in the hotel indoor public areas and when moving around in outdoor areas. See the hotel's Covid-19 measures here.