Sold outThis deal was published October 16, 2023 and sold out November 27, 2023. See current deals
£390—Isle of Wight: 2 nts at royal retreat & ferry crossing
Why We Love This Deal
Once owned by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert and the home of their youngest daughter Beatrice, the 10-room Albert Cottage is one of the "best hotels on the Isle of Wight" (Country Living). A 2-night royal retreat, including daily breakfast, a dinner, and ferry crossings to the island, is £195 per person. If you opt for a 3-night stay, you'll also get to visit Osborne House, the Queen's summer home.
- Valid seven days a week until 31 March, 2024
- Two nights' accommodation in a Double or Twin room, with daily full English breakfast, for two
- Ferry crossing for a car with two passengers, departing from Lymington or Portsmouth with Wightlink Ferries or Red Funnel, or from Southampton with Red Funnel*
- A 2-course dinner on the first night (worth £35 per person; supplements may apply for premium steak or seafood dishes)
- It's £520 for three nights with the same inclusions, plus two entry tickets to Osborne House** (worth £20 per person; English Heritage members are offered a bottle of house wine instead)
- Upgrade to a Master suite for £20 per night, payable direct to the hotel
- Not available on 1-2, 24-31 December, 2023; 15-20 January, 2024
More Reasons to Go
- A "country house hotel with a boutique feel", original Victorian features—including tiled floors, elegant coving and wood panels, and old-fashioned fireplaces—have been retained to create an atmosphere of "period elegance" here (The Daily Telegraph). Double and Twin rooms have been recently refurbished.
- The restaurant and bar has views of the garden and is arguably a fitting spot to indulge in Victorian afternoon tea (supplements apply).
- Albert Cottage is a stone's throw from Osborne House—Queen Victoria and Prince Albert's summer home and a window into their private world. You can walk through opulent state rooms, family suites (including her bedroom where she died in 1901), their private beach, and "glorious gardens" (Country Living).
- The hotel is minutes away from the Red Funnel ferry terminal to Southampton and ferry crossings are included with this deal (or alternative crossings with Wightlink from Portsmouth or Lymington, whichever is the most convenient).
- The scenic 68-mile Isle of Wight coastal path covers the entire circumference of the island—the section of the path that connects East Cowes and Ryde is a short stroll from the hotel.
- Stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Give a dining, spa, activity, theatre, or hotel experience, and create a memory.
**Osborne House is closed Monday-Tuesday; 8-10 November, 2023; 1-9 February; 2-31 January, 2024; visit the website for updated opening dates and times.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call 01983 299309 or email email@example.com to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability.
Voucher Cancellation & Refund Policy: Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to "My Account." After 14 days, your voucher is non-refundable, except as provided for by applicable law including the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 (the "Regulation"). At the time of checkout, you can make vouchers refundable beyond what is provided by our terms and the law until they expire, for a fee. If advanced reservations are required, changes and cancellations are subject to the merchant's cancellation or rescheduling policy, and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the merchant prior to refunding your voucher.
Hotel Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy: Once you've made your reservation, changes and cancellations are not allowed except as provided for by applicable law including the Regulation. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional fees or voucher forfeiture.
Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date. The combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of the Regulation and The Albert Cottage is the organiser within the meaning of the Regulation. Therefore, you will benefit from all rights applying to packages under the Regulation and The Albert Cottage will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole. More information on key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 can be found here.
How to Book
- Not available on 1-2, 24-31 December, 2023; 15-20 January, 2024.
- Children cannot stay as part of this deal.
- Dogs can stay for £20 per night. Check availability in advance as there are very limited pet-friendly rooms.
- Parking is free.
- Please contact the hotel to enquire about the availability of accessible rooms.
- Ferry crossing reservations are made through the hotel. Car ferry crossing on both Red Funnel and Wightlink is for a standard car (up to 5 meters length and 2.4 meters height).