£129 – Dublin stay in 'romantic' 4-star castle, 42% off
Why We Love This Deal
Stay overnight at Clontarf Castle Hotel, a 12th-century castle that "offers a beguiling blend of medieval and modern" (Time Out Dublin), for £129. You'll save up to 42% compared to direct rates, and get breakfast, handmade chocolates, and late checkout. What's more, Dublin's highlights will be within easy reach — Temple Bar, the Guinness Storehouse, Dublin Castle, and more are all within a 10-minute drive. You can also use public transportation, but it will take about 40 minutes.
- Overnight accommodation in a Deluxe Double Room, with full breakfast, a box of handmade Irish chocolates, and a welcome note, for two
- Late checkout until 2pm (worth £25.89)
- You can stay for two nights, with daily breakfast, a box of chocolates, a welcome note, and late checkout, for £249
- Children under three can stay for free. Children aged three years and over can stay for 30€ per child, per night (payable direct to the hotel), with extra beds available upon request (enquire on booking)
- Pets cannot stay as part of this deal
- Vouchers can be combined for longer stays
- Not available on 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, 23-24, 30-31 July; 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, 27-28 August, 2021
- Due to current government restrictions, this hotel is now temporarily closed. Visit the hotel's website for more information. This voucher is valid from 1 June-30 December, 2021. Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- "Romantic and baronial meets modern at the four-star Clontarf Castle", says The Daily Telegraph, which notes the hotel's "centuries-old historical pedigree, delightful creature comforts" and "masses of character"
- The hotel is "perfectly positioned between city and sea in a coastal suburb" (Time Out Dublin)
- The AA praises the hotel's "well-equipped bedrooms" and "relaxing lounges and galleries which display an eclectic collection of art work"
- The hotel has a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant, the Fahrenheit Restaurant, as well as the gastro pub-style Knights Bar and the Indigo Lounge, a bar with a lunch menu
- Dublin city centre is a 10-minute drive or a 20-minute bus ride from the hotel
- The composer Handel often frequented the castle and composed "Forest Music" in honour of Dorothy Vernon, the then-lady of the castle, and artist William Turner's only Irish work is of the castle
- Bram Stoker was born in the town of Clontarf, just a few streets away from the castle
- Some of the city's best-loved attractions are within easy reach — Temple Bar, the Guinness Storehouse, Dublin Castle, Dublin Zoo, the Jameson Distillery, and Trinity College are all 10 minutes' drive away
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email Clontarf Castle Hotel at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Vouchers can be combined for longer stays. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
Cancellation and refunds: If your dates are not available, if you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with the hotel at least 48 hours prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. All meals will be served in compliance with current government regulations at the time of your stay. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.