Sold outThis deal was published January 25, 2024 and sold out February 29, 2024. See current deals
£1719pp—Northern Lights: 7-night guided adventure w/meals
Why We Love This Deal
Journey to some of the northernmost parts of Norway and Finland to discover the untamed natural beauty that lies above the Arctic Circle. Explore rugged landscapes teeming with diverse wildlife, ranging from polar bears and reindeer to puffins and sea eagles. Whether chasing the northern lights in the winter or observing migrating birds in the spring, this part of the world is an idyllic destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
Choose between two guided excursions and travel on select dates until early 2025. Both tours cover airport transfers, transportation by private vehicle, all meals, and accommodation. Flights are not included, but we found 1-stop return flights from £272*.
- This deal is valid for arrival on the following dates: 3, 10, 24 February; 2, 16, 23 March; 23, 30 November; 7, 14 December, 2024; 4, 11, 18, 25 January, 2025. A supplement of US$109 (approximately £85) per person applies on 10 February and 16 March, 2024. Tours depart from Ivalo Airport in Finland
- A 7-night guided winter expedition—winter is the best time to witness the dazzling northern lights. During this guided tour, you'll search for the aurora borealis in between activities like king crab fishing, snowshoeing, and visiting a local reindeer farm
- A 6-night spring expedition is available for £1555 per person—during warmer months, areas above the Arctic Circle can experience up to 24 hours of sunlight. You'll take advantage of the long days as you observe and photograph migrating birds, vast landscapes, and other wildlife, including moose and arctic hares (valid on 27 April; 4, 11, 18, 25 May, 2024)
More Reasons to Go
- Departure dates through early 2025 give you plenty of time to plan ahead for this bucket-list adventure.
- Learn about the traditions of the indigenous Sami population with a visit the Sami Cultural Center in Inari (included with the winter expedition).
- There's more than just ice in the Arctic: you'll also find vast forests and, during the warmer months, snow gives way to tundra vegetation and blooming wildflowers.
- Finnish Lapland is considered some of Europe's last great wilderness. It's home to fewer than 200,000 people, even though it makes up almost a third of the country size-wise.
How to book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Itineraries may be subject to change based on unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond the tour operator's control. Maximum group size is 16.
Occupancy rules: Price is per person. Maximum occupancy is two adults.
Tours do not include: International airfare to/from Ivalo; personal travel insurance and medical insurance; personal expenses, such as drinks, bottled drinking water, souvenirs, laundry, gratuities, etc.; meals and services other than those mentioned in the itinerary; camera equipment; any other expenses which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
Voucher Cancellation & Refund Policy: Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Once you book your dates, changes and cancellations are subject to the hotel's cancellation or rescheduling policy and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the hotel prior to refunding your voucher. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to "My Account.” After 14 days your voucher becomes nonrefundable.
Hotel Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy: Once you’ve made your reservation, changes and cancellations are subject to the tour operator's cancellation policy, and must be made at least 20 days prior to arrival. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the tour operator's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional fees or voucher forfeiture.
Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.