£219 – South of France: luxury 2-night wine resort escape
Why We Love This Deal
Amongst the rolling hills, olive groves, and patchwork vineyards of Languedoc lies a 5-star wine resort where you can savour locally created tipples, dine on Michelin-starred food, and experience French countryside-living in all its glory. With this offer, you'll get two nights at the luxury Village & Château Castigno — Wine Hotel Spa & Resort from £219, and save up to 37% on the usual cost.
Flights are not included, but we found direct return flights from £34*, so you could get a 2-night break including flights from £143.50 per person.
- This deal is valid for Sunday-Thursday stays. A supplement of 30€ (approximately £26) per room, per night, applies to Friday-Saturday stays (payable directly to the hotel)
- £219... two nights stays in a Vendangeur Room from 18 March-30 April; 1 November-15 December, 2022
- £265... two night stays in a Vendangeur Room from 1 May-30 June; 1 September-31 October, 2022
You can add extra nights for £110-£135 per room, per night
- Daily breakfast
- One bottle of Château Castigno wine
- A visit to the wine cellar, including three wine tastings each
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
More Reasons to Go
- This whimsical resort is laid out like a village within a village — there are 24 bedrooms dotted around a central square, along with three restaurants, three swimming pools, a wine school,
and an art gallery
- It's nestled in the foothills of the Haut Languedoc Regional Nature Park, near the pretty village of Roquebrun and less than a 45-minute drive from the white-sand beaches of Narbonne
- Spend your days trundling through the vineyards on a Vespa, relaxing by one of the outdoor pools, enjoying a picnic in the resort's hidden truffle forest, and dining at one of the "outstanding, unpretentious restaurants" (Tatler)
- The "beautifully designed luxurious rooms" (The Daily Telegraph) feature plush beds with silk covers, iPods with Marshall Bluetooth speakers, and baskets of flips flops and sarongs to use for the pool
- Giles Coren at The Times praises the "magnificent" food and "beautiful" surroundings at this "dreamy" resort
- The Michelin-starred La Table de Castigno is "exceptional" (The Michelin Guide 2021) — make sure to reserve in advance as this gourmet hotspot books up quickly
- Stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Give a dining, spa, activity, theatre or hotel experience, and create a memory
Travelzoo Tip: Carcassonne and Béziers Cap d'Agde airports are each around an hours' drive away from the resort. Car hire is approximately £24** per day.
How to book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email Village & Château Castigno — Wine Hotel Spa & Resort at email@example.com to check availability and book the date of your stay. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. A tourist tax of 90€ (approximately 80p) per person, per night, applies (payable directly to the hotel). Extra-night vouchers must be purchased as an add-on to extend a 2-night voucher.
Cancellation and refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with Village & Château Castigno — Wine Hotel Spa & Resort (at least seven days prior to arrival). Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. All meals will be served in accordance with government regulations at the time of your stay. Enquire when booking. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.