£769pp – 5-star Tuscany escape w/Michelin-starred dinner
Why We Love This Deal
This exclusive deal from the 5-star Castello di Velona in Val d’Orcia, a UNESCO world heritage site in the heart of Tuscany, offers indulgence at every turn. You'll spend three nights at one of the most luxurious hotels in the world, dine at a Michelin-starred restaurant, and taste tipples from Italy's top wine regions for £1538 (£769 per person). Flights are not included but we found direct return flights from Florence (two hours' drive away) from £51 and car hire from £17 per day, so you could get a 3-night break including transport from £845.50 per person.
- This deal is valid from 1 June, 2021-20 December, 2022
- £1538 (£769 per person)... three nights' accommodation in a Suite (upgrade to Brunello Suite subject to availability) from 1 June, 2021-31 May, 2022
- £1919 (£959.50 per person)... three nights' accommodation in a Suite (upgrade to Brunello Suite subject to availability) from 1 June-20 December, 2022
- You can add extra nights for £335-£419
- Daily breakfast
- One dinner for two at your choice of the following restaurants: Settimo Senso (on site), Il Silene (an offsite Michelin-starred restaurant), or Cum Quibis (an offsite Michelin-starred restaurant)*
- A blindfolded wine-tasting session for two people
- US$100 (approximately £72) credit to use towards a cooking class or a spa treatment
- One bottle of Brunello di Montalcino 2014
- Not available on 15 August; 24-26, 31 December, 2021; 1-2, 6 January; 15-18 April; 1 May, 2022. Other exclusion dates may apply — enquire when booking
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- Originally a Medieval fortress, this 5-star hotel has "truly spectacular" (The Daily Telegraph) views of the surrounding Brunello vineyards, the Franciscan abbey of Sant’Antimo, and the dormant volcano Monte Amiata
- National Geographic Traveller says this "fully restored jewel of an historic fortress" is the "perfect bolthole for travellers seeking a helping of luxurious relaxation in one of Italy’s most well-loved regions"
- The onsite restaurant serves "excellent Tuscan cuisine and wine", and the thermal baths are a "major draw", says Condé Nast Traveller
- The Michelin Guide 2020 praises the "innovative" dishes at the "elegant" Il Silene, and the "top quality cuisine" at Cum Quibis
- Suites, which are in the historic area of the castle, feature a separate living area, marble bathrooms, and vineyard views
Travelzoo Tip: The nearest airport is Florence (two hours' drive away), but you can also reach the hotel from Pisa or Perugia airports.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly on +39 0577 839002 or email email@example.com to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with Castello di Velona at least 14 days prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you cancel or change your booking after that time, you will be subject to 100% cancellation fee. All meals will be served in accordance with government regulations at the time of your stay. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies for reservations at Il Silene and Cum Quibis; reservations cancelled after that time are subject to 50€ (approximately £43) fee per person. A 5€ (approximately £4.50) city tax per person, per night, is payable directly to the property at the time of stay. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date. Maximum occupancy is four guests. Up to one child aged 4 or younger can stay free of charge, staying in the same bed. Children aged 5-11 can stay for an additional 100€ (approximately £87) per night; children aged 12-17 can stay for an additional 150€ (approximately £130) per night. The hotel is pet friendly -- pets are charged at 10% of the voucher value per single pet. Pets are not allowed in the spa, pool, or restaurant areas of the hotel. Parking in the hotel parking area is included. Valet parking is available for 25€ (approximately £22) per stay. Parking in the front gate is 25€ per night.