£2499pp – South Africa: all-inc Big Five safari, save 50%
Why We Love This Deal
Escape to the magnificent wilderness on a top-end safari experience in a private Big Five game reserve that's part of a 25-year conservation effort in South Africa's Eastern Cape. At £4898 for two (£2499 per person), this fully refundable week-long getaway at the Shamwari Private Game Reserve is now half the usual direct price. You can stay in luxury accommodation at a lavish lodge with a plush spa, or in an air-conditioned tent with a private plunge pool. The price includes daily game drives and bush walks, meals, and drinks, and you can travel (flights are excluded) almost any time between May, 2021, and May, 2022.
- £4988 for two (£2499 per person)... 7-night luxury safari adventure at the Shamwari Private Game Reserve 17 May-19 December, 2021, or 16 January-31 May, 2022
- Stay at the opulent Long Lee Manor in a Plains Room that has an outdoor shower on the deck, with views over the savannah. This lodge has a large infinity pool, a spa, and a fitness centre
- If you plan to visit after 1 October, 2021, you can stay at the Bayethe Lodge in an air-conditioned Superior Tent with a private plunge pool, or split your time between the two properties during a week-long getaway in the reserve
All stays come with:
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, afternoon tea, coffee, and water, and select alcoholic drinks (excludes champagne and premium liquors)
- Daily sunrise and sunset game drives, as well as guided bush walks. You must be physically able, aged 16-65, and not pregnant to participate in bush walks, which are available on request and replace game drives
- Wi-Fi access in the rooms or tents, and in public areas of both lodges
- Extend your stay with an extra night for £719 for two (£359.50 per person). Extra-night vouchers must be used with a 7-night voucher
- A conservation levy of ZAR150 (approximately £8) per person, per night, is payable direct to the hotel
- Note: due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- When you stay at Shamwari Private Game Reserve, you'll be supporting a successful 25-year conservation effort that's transformed decimated farmland into pristine habitats for native wildlife
- Spreading over 25,000 hectares in the Eastern Cape, which is known for its year-round mild climate and is a natural extension of the Garden Route along South Africa's coast, Shamwari is home to the Big Five — there's a strong chance you'll see lions, leopards, rhinos, elephants, and buffalos, together with hundreds of different bird species
- Game drives take place early morning and evening, when animals tend to be most active, and are conducted by professionally trained expert rangers in open vehicles that guarantee full views and an intimate wildlife experience for all participants
- The reserve is home to seven luxury lodges attended by over 300 staff who provide high quality service expertly personalized for guests
- This offer allows you to combine two lodges during a week-long getaway in the African bush (from October, 2021, and onwards)
Travelzoo Tip: We found indirect return flights to Port Elizabeth from £656 per person*, which means you could get a 7-night luxury all-inclusive safari experience with flights from £3155 per person.
How to get there: This is a hotel-only offer, flights and other transportation are excluded. Shamwari Private Game Reserve is a 60 minutes' drive from Port Elizabeth International Airport. One-way transfers cost from ZAR1720 (approximately £87) per vehicle, accommodating two passangers. Contact the lodge with your flight details before your arrival date to confirm fares and to arrange pick-up.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email email@example.com (please allow 24-48 hours for a reply) or call +27 42 203 1111 or +1 954 626 8150 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Extra-night vouchers must be used with a 7-night voucher. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with Shamwari Private Game Reserve at least 21 days prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. All meals will be served in accordance with government regulations at the time of your stay. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
Occupancy Rules: Rate is valid for single or double occupancy; maximum occupancy is two adults per room. Accessible rooms are available at this hotel; contact the hotel directly for more details. Pets are not allowed.
Important Notes: Shamwari Private Game Reserve is a malaria-free area of South Africa, however it is strongly recommended to contact your doctor or travel clinic for latest advice well before your booked travel date. Binoculars, comfortable closed footwear, and a good camera will come handy during your stay. Mobile signal and Wi-Fi are available in rooms and public areas of both lodges, however connection might be occasionally patchy. South African winters (May-September) can get cool, it is advisable to prepare with warmer clothes. Summers (November-March) are warm and generally sunny, when bathing suites for the pool areas will prove useful.