£99 – Deluxe hotel in 'story-book' Salzburg, up to 50% off
Why We Love This Deal
There's a lot more to Salzburg than Mozart and "The Sound of Music" — this fairytale UNESCO World Heritage Site combines dramatic landscapes, spectacular architecture, and heaps of culture to create "one of the most beautiful [and] romantic" (Condé Nast Traveller) destinations in Europe. For £99, you can get an overnight stay at ARCOTEL Castellani, a 4-star hotel near the city's Old Town — and save up to 50% on the usual cost. Flights are not included, but we found nonstop return flights from £57, so you could get a 2-night break including flights from £156 per person.
- This deal is valid from 17 May-15 July and 1 September, 2021-31 March, 2022
- Overnight accommodation in a Deluxe Room, including breakfast, for two
- A welcome drink per person
- Underground parking space on request (one space per booking, subject to availability)
- Not available on 26-27 November; 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, 24-25, 31 December, 2021; 1 January, 2022
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- This deluxe hotel, which is a 15-minute walk from the city centre, features large gardens with a Baroque chapel and a 400-year old linden tree, a fine-dining restaurant, and elegant rooms
- Visit in late November or December to make the most of the city's festivities — Travel + Leisure says the Christmas markets are the "most magical" in Europe
- Salzburg is best known for being the birthplace of Mozart and for "The Sound of Music", which was filmed in and around the city — head to the Mirabell Palace & Gardens, where Maria and the children sang "Do-Re-Mi", or Frohnburg Palace, which was used as the backdrop for the Von Trapp family home
- The city is "quintessential, postcard Austria" (National Geographic Traveller), a "story-book" destination where "everywhere you go, the scenery, the skyline, the music and the history send your spirits soaring higher than Julie Andrews' octave-leaping vocals" — Lonely Planet
Travelzoo Tip: You can fly directly into Salzburg or combine this with a trip to Munich, which is under two hours away by train (tickets cost approximately £16 one way). We've negotiated up to 61% off stays at the 5-star Roomers Munich, which is "one of the sleekest hotels in town", according to Condé Nast Traveller.
How to book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email the hotel directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Include SALZBURG in the subject line of your email. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with ARCOTEL Castellani (at least 24 hours prior to arrival). Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. All meals will be served in accordance with government regulations at the time of your stay. Enquire when booking. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.