£1299pp – 8-night Nepal & Bhutan guided tour with meals
Why We Love This Deal
Embark on a tour of golden stupas, jungle wildlife, and a mysterious kingdom high in the Himalayas for £1299 per person. This fully refundable guided tour through Nepal and Bhutan is exclusive to Travelzoo members, and includes accommodation, most meals, all entrance fees, and a one-way flight between the two countries (return flights from the UK are not included). You'll visit temple-strewn Kathmandu, go tiger- and rhino-spotting in Chitwan National Park, and admire ancient monasteries and pristine landscapes in Bhutan. You can travel between June, 2021, and December, 2022, so you have a year and a half to make this trip.
- £1299 per person... 8-night guided tour across Nepal and Bhutan
- In Nepal, spend three nights in Kathmandu and two nights in Ratnanagar near the forests and grassy plains of Chitwan National Park
- Then fly to the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan to spend two nights in Thimphu and one night in Paro, visiting some of the country's most important cultural sights and top attractions
- Click here to see the full itinerary
All tours include:
- Three nights' accommodation at the 3-star Kathmandu Guest House (or similar) in Kathmandu, in a Standard Room, with breakfast
- Two nights' accommodation at the 3-star Rhino Land Jungle Lodge (or similar) in Ratnanagar near the Chitwan National Park, in a Deluxe Cottage or a Deluxe Building room, with breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Two nights' accommodation at the 3-star Hotel Amodhara (or similar) in Thimphu, in a Standard Room, with breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- One night's accommodation at the 3-star Hotel Mandala Resort (or similar) in Paro, in a Standard Room, with breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- One-way airport transfer between Tribhuvan International Airport and your hotel in Kathmandu on the first day of the tour, and one-way airport transfer between your hotel in Paro and Paro International Airport on the last day of the tour
- Pre-tour orientation on day one; daily sightseeing tours and activities in English, including entrance fees to attractions and monasteries in Kathmandu, Thimphu, and Paro, plus a canoe ride, a bird watching tour, and a 3-hour jeep safari in Chitwan National Park
- Ground transportation throughout the tour in both Nepal and Bhutan; and a one-way flight from Kathmandu in Nepal to Paro in Bhutan
- Dinner with cultural program in Kathmandu on day five
- All government taxes, and Bhutan travel permits
- Prices are per person, based on two people sharing a room. If you are travelling alone, you will be paired with another traveller of the same gender. Solo travellers can get their own rooms for an extra US$300 (approximately £216) per person, per tour, payable direct to Prime Himalaya (must be requested and confirmed on reservation)
Why We Love It
- The Guardian describes Kathmandu as a city that "offers a magical mix of chaos and beauty". You'll visit some of the top attractions with an expert guide who can also give you insider tips on how to best spend your time at leisure while in town
- Head to "one of the best wildlife-viewing national parks in Asia" (Lonely Planet), Chitwan, which teems with wild tigers, rhinos, leopards, deers, and monkeys. Your day in nature will include a bird-watching walk, a jeep safari, and a peaceful ride along the Rapti River in a traditional tree canoe
- The kingdom of Bhutan is dotted with landscapes untouched for centuries, and measures its development by Gross National Happiness, rather than economic factors. Immerse yourself in Buddhist traditions and a rich cultural heritage as you visit the sights of the capital, Thimphu, and take an hour-long hike to Paro Taktsang (Tiger's Nest Monastery), which is perched high on a cliff edge
- An outstanding 100% of Tripadvisor reviewers have rated this tour company, Prime Himalayas, as very good or excellent
Travelzoo Tip: The tour starts in Kathmandu, Nepal, and concludes in Paro, Bhutan. A one-way Kathmandu-Paro flight is already included in this offer on day six of the tour. We recommend flying back from Paro to Kathmandu on the last day of the tour, and travelling to the UK from Kathmandu. We found indirect return flights between the UK and Kathmandu from £473 per person*. A one-way Paro-Kathmandu flight costs from about US$230 per person (approximately £166) — the route is served by Bhutan Airlines and Druk Air. Due to airline schedules an overnight stay in Kathmandu (excluded) might be necessary before a flight back to the UK.
International flights are excluded, except for a one-way Kathmandu-Paro fare on day six during the tour.
Tour grade: This tour includes activities of easy and moderate difficulty level. Activities don't require previous experience, however you must be physically healthy and familiar with regular exercise. It is strongly recommended to obtain a personal travel insurance before departing from the UK.
Departure dates: This tour departs depart on the 6, 15, and 24 of each month. You can travel 6 June, 2021-24 December, 2022.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your tour (please allow 24-48 hours for a reply). Reservations are subject to availability. Book at least 60 days in advance to secure your desired travel dates. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and Refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with Prime Himalayas at least 30 days prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. All meals will be served in accordance with government regulations at the time of your stay. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
Tour does NOT include: International flights (arrive to Kathmandu in Nepal, depart from Paro in Bhutan); Nepal entry visa (obtained upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu; tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 15 days is US$30); lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (except a dinner with cultural program on day five); drinks; personal travel insurance; tips for the guide and the driver (tipping is expected); any other expenses which are not mentioned in the itinerary.