£1745pp – Tanzania: Serengeti safari into 2022, 43% off
Why We Love This Deal
The vast Serengeti National Park is among "the greatest wildlife-watching destinations on earth", says Lonely Planet. Embark on a bucket-list experience, and snap up a fully refundable hotel-only deal (flights excluded) to stay at a top-notch lodge in a 60-acre hillside estate that has breathtaking views over the Lobo Valley and the savannah beneath. A 5-night stay from reopening until December, 2022, with all meals, drinks, and daily game drives, is £3490 for two (£1745 per person), and saves up to 43% on prices we've seen elsewhere. The camp is in a private concession area adjacent to the game reserve (admission fees apply), where millions of wildebeests, zebras, and impalas embark on an epic journey, in search of fresh grass and water every year, with predators such as lions, leopards, cheetahs, and hyenas in tow.
- This offer is valid for stays at the TAASA Lodge, in a luxury tent with views over the Serengeti National Park from the outdoor seating area, and a private indoor bathroom:
- £3490 for two (£1745 per person)... five nights
- Full board covering breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Soft drinks, drinking water, and alcoholic beverages (premium brand liquors and champagne are excluded)
- Two game-viewing activities per day: game drives or walking safaris
- Roundtrip transfers between Lobo Airstrip and the lodge (flights excluded; flight details must be provided to the hotel before arrival)
- Wi-Fi access
- Laundry service during your stay
- An extra night is £699 for two (£349.50 per person), per night; must be used with a 5-night voucher
- An additional concession fee, covering conservation efforts and community support in the surrounding Loliondo Maasai concession area, of US$45 (approximately £32) per adult over 16, per night; or US$25 (approximately £18) per child aged 5-16, per night, is payable direct to the hotel
- The admission fee to the Serengeti National Park is payable locally on entering the game reserve. The daily fee between July and mid March is US$83 (approximately £59), per adult over 16, and US$35 (approximately £25), per child aged 5-16. A day's entrance between mid March and June costs US$71 (approximately £51) per adult over 16, and US$24 (approximately £17) per child aged 5-16. The admission fee might change without prior notice; check accepted payment methods with the lodge before arrival
- Note: due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- TAASA Lodge is an upmarket safari camp less than five kilometres from Klein's Gate, the entry point to the scenic northeastern part of the UNESCO-listed Serengeti National Park. It is a vast, 1.5 million-hectare plain with a varied habitat of grasslands, savannah woodlands, and riverine forests
- The area's resident wildlife is abundant all year, however the best months to visit are July-October, when you have a good chance of seeing the the annual migration of animals, "one of the greatest natural spectacles of the world" (Condé Nast Traveller): millions of herbivores descend on this corner of the game reserve, with large numbers of predators stalking them
- Game drives are conducted by professional rangers in open vehicles that guarantee full views for all participants. They take place twice a day, early morning and evening, when wildlife tend to be the most active. You can join bush walks, visit a nearby Maasai community, or go hot air ballooning with an expert guide (chargeable)
- Your spacious tent measures 50 square metres. It's raised on a solid stone base, the interior is decorated in earthy tones, and it has electricity and an indoor bathroom. The outdoor deck offers spectacular views over the valley and the savannah beneath. So does the small infinity pool at the main lodge
- An outstanding 99% of Tripadvisor reviews rate this property very good or excellent
Occupancy Rules and Child Policy: Rate is valid for single or double occupancy; maximum occupancy is two adults and two children under 12. Children under 12 cost 50% of adult prices (£873 per child, for five nights; £175 per child, per extra night), payable direct to the hotel. Must be requested and confirmed with hotel at the time of reservation.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email email@example.com (please allow 24-48 hours for a reply), or call +1 612 599 8492 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and Refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with TAASA Lodge at least 14 days prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. All meals will be served in accordance with government regulations at the time of your stay. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
Important Notes: All British passport holders need a visa to enter Tanzania. An e-visa system has been introduced through which applications can be submitted and approved prior to your arrival. It is no longer possible to get a visa from the Tanzanian High Commission in London; you must obtain a visa online. You must ensure you possess all required travel documents. Malaria is present in the Serengeti area. Contact your doctor or travel clinic for latest advice on vaccination and medical preparation well before your booked travel date. Binoculars and a good camera will come handy during your stay. Mobile signal and Wi-Fi connection might be patchy at this remote African location.