£159 – Chicago: stay at one of the world's best hotels
Why We Love This Deal
Virgin Hotel Chicago cleaned up at the Condé Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards 2020 — not only was it the city's best hotel, it was also named one of the top 20 hotels in the world. It's a modernised 1920s bank building, which has retained a lot of the flair of the era, in the heart of downtown with a rooftop bar. Travelzoo members can now bag a stay for £159, with breakfast credit included, until the end of the year. That saves up to 30% on regular prices. Flights are not included.
- £159... overnight accommodation in a Grand Chamber King for two 1 May-31 December, 2021
- A US$30 (approximately £22) daily breakfast credit per room, per night
- Combine multiple vouchers for longer stays
- Not available on 28-29 May; 2-4, 29-31 July; 8-9, 27-28 August; 3-5, 14-15 September; 2-10 October; 15-16, 29-30 November; 1, 31 December, 2021
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- The hotel is "edgy, artsy, and fun… from the minute you walk in, the vibe is playful", according to Fodor's
- It's a converted old bank building from the 1920s, with an elaborately decorated façade — the interiors also nod to the roaring twenties, with a sweeping staircase, red-carpeted elevators, and brass finishings
- Set just off Wacker Drive in the heart of the downtown Chicago Loop, it is a quick walk from plenty of exciting clubs, trendy restaurants, museums, and theatres
- The hotel has the feel of a larger resort — there's a rooftop bar and lounge, a ground-level diner, a European-style coffee bar, the up-scale contemporary restaurant Commons Club, and the Funny Library, which is curated by a local improv group
- Rooms are designed around a sliding divider system, so you can create separate bedroom and living areas
Travelzoo Tip: Flights are not included but there are lots of 1-stop return fares available over the next 10 months for approximately £400. The cheapest fare we've found is £327, so you could get a 3-night break including 1-stop return flights from £565.50 per person.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then follow instructions on the voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with Virgin Hotel Chicago at least seven days prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. All meals will be served in accordance with government regulations at the time of your stay. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date. This hotel is pet-friendly. Review the hotel’s pet policy on its website or call to inquire. Parking is an additional US$25 (approximately £18) including taxes, per night.