£179 – Vienna: Leading Hotels of the World stay, save 62%
Why We Love This Deal
The luxurious Grand Hotel Wien is a member of the prestigious Leading Hotels of the World group, and is a short stroll from some of the city's top attractions. Fodor's describes the hotel as an "exemplary blend of opulence, grace and modernity". A fully refundable overnight stay with breakfast is £179 for two (£89.50 per person), and saves up to 62% on direct room rates. You can travel (flights excluded) almost any time until 30 September, 2022.
- Overnight stay at the 5-star Grand Hotel Wien in a Deluxe Room, including breakfast, for two
- A welcome drink on arrival at the Rosengarten café or at the Kavalierbar (once per stay)
- A bottle of mineral water, and coffee and tea in the room
- Access to the hotel's Grand Spa N°605 (treatments are chargeable)
- Not available on 3-7, 16-20 March; 1-5, 8-15 April; 10-13 June; 29 June-3 July; 2-6, 12-16, 20-24 October, 2021
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
- This is a hotel-only offer; flights and other transportation are not included
Why We Love It
- The 5-star Grand Hotel Wien is housed in a Belle Époque building along the Ringstrasse, a leafy boulevard in the historic First District, and first opened its gates in 1870 to much fanfare, drawing the glitterati of Viennese society — Johann Strauss II, often referred to as the King of Waltz, took the stage here during his golden jubilee celebration in the late 19th century
- The opulent public areas at this luxurious member of the Leading Hotels of the World are decorated in a sophisticated, classic style, while guest rooms have silk-covered walls and antique furnishings
- Le Ciel by Toni Mörwald is a Michelin-starred restaurant on the premises, while Rosengarten is a Viennese café and lounge with live piano music every day, and Kavalierbar is styled as an elegant society club abundant in chintz
- There's a plush spa with a separate ladies-only section, a gym, a sauna, a steam bath, and a beauty and wellness salon (access included; treatments are chargeable)
- Vienna State Opera and the Musikverein are among the most revered concert halls in the world and are less than five minutes' walk from the hotel. The stately Hofburg, the principal imperial palace of the former Habsburg dynasty is a 10-minute stroll away. You'll find plenty of boutiques, art galleries, and cafés on your doorstep with Kärntner Strasse and Mariahilfer Strasse, the city's main shopping streets being just around the corner.
Travelzoo Tip: Flights are not included but there are lots of direct return fares available over the next few months for approximately £65-£75. The cheapest direct return fare we've found is £51*, so you could get a 3-night break including flights from £319.50 per person.
How to get there: Take a 16-minute journey directly from Vienna International Airport to Landstraße/Wien Mitte station for 12€ (£11) per person, each way, aboard City Airport Train (due to current local regulations services might be suspended or limited at the time of your visit). The hotel is a 15-minute walk from Landstraße/Wien Mitte station; alternatively, change to the U4 (green) metro line and alight at Karlsplatz, which is five minutes' walk from the hotel. A private taxi from the airport to the city centre costs approximately 36€ (£32) each way, and the door-to-door journey time is about 25 minutes.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then email firstname.lastname@example.org (please allow 24-48 hours for a reply), or call +43 1 515 80 1700 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with Grand Hotel Wien at least 7 days prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. All meals will be served in accordance with government regulations at the time of your stay. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.