£749pp – 5-star Tuscany escape w/Michelin-starred dinner
Why We Love This Deal
This exclusive deal from the 5-star Castello di Velona in Val d’Orcia, a UNESCO world heritage site in the heart of Tuscany, offers indulgence at every turn. You'll spend three nights at one of the most luxurious hotels in the world, dine at a Michelin-starred restaurant, and taste tipples from Italy's top wine regions for £1498 (£749 per person). Flights not included.
- £1498... three nights' accommodation in a Suite, with daily breakfast, for two (upgrade to Brunello Suite subject to availability)
- £1655... three nights' accommodation in a UNESCO Suite, with daily breakfast, for two
- One dinner for two at your choice of the following restaurants: Settimo Senso (on site), Il Silene (an offsite Michelin-starred restaurant), or Cum Quibis (an offsite Michelin-starred restaurant)*
- A blindfolded wine-tasting session for two people (Suite stays) or a private wine-tasting in the thermal spa (UNESCO Suite stays)
- US$100 (approximately £78) credit to use towards a cooking class or a spa treatment
- One bottle of Brunello di Montalcino 2014
- You can add extra nights for £325 (Suite) and £535 (UNESCO Suite)
- Not available on: 1-31 August, 2021; 24 December, 2021-1 January, 2022; 15 January-1 April, 2022; 15-18 April, 2022. Other exclusion dates may apply — enquire when booking
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details.
Why We Love It
- Originally a Medieval fortress, this 5-star hotel has "truly spectacular" (The Daily Telegraph) views of the surrounding Brunello vineyards, the Franciscan abbey of Sant’Antimo, and the dormant volcano Monte Amiata
- The onsite restaurant serves "excellent Tuscan cuisine and wine", and the thermal baths are a "major draw", says Condé Nast Traveller
- The Michelin Guide 2020 praises the "innovative" dishes at the "elegant" Il Silene, and the "top quality cuisine" at Cum Quibis
- Suites feature a separate living area, marble bathrooms, and vineyard views — for an extra special stay, upgrade to a UNESCO Suite, which have a private garden and sunbeds
Travelzoo Tip: The nearest airport is Florence and we found direct return flights from £98 per person**. From there, the hotel is a 2-hour drive. We found car hire from £21*** per day. You can also reach the hotel from Pisa Airport and Perugia Airport.
Cancellation and refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with Castello di Velona at least 14 days prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you cancel or change your booking after that time, you will be subject to 100% cancellation fee. All meals will be served in accordance with government regulations at the time of your stay. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies for reservations at Il Silene and Cum Quibis; reservations cancelled after that time are subject to €50 (approximately £45) fee per person. A 5€ (approximately £4.50) city tax per person, per night, is payable directly to the property at the time of stay. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date. Maximum occupancy is four guests. Up to one child aged 4 or younger can stay free of charge, staying in the same bed. Children aged 5-11 can stay for an additional 100€ (approximately £90) per night; children aged 12-17 can stay for an additional 150€ (approximately £138) per night. The hotel is pet friendly -- pets are charged at 10% of the voucher value per single pet. Pets are not allowed in the spa, pool, or restaurant areas of the hotel. Parking in the hotel parking area is included. Valet parking is available for 25€ (approximately £23) per stay. Parking in the front gate is 25€ per night. *The hotel can arrange a car and driver to take you to the off site restaurants for an additional fee -- please enquire when booking. Please specify which restaurant you would like to dine at when booking. **Price found on Skyscanner on 18 November, 2020, based on a return flight from London to Florence. ***Price found on TravelSupermarket on 18 November, 2020.