£235—Sussex: suite stay in former royal retreat, inc dinner
Why We Love This Deal
A grand Gothic Revival house in the Sussex countryside, the Horsted Place Hotel was once owned by Lord and Lady Rupert Nevill—the latter a childhood friend of the Queen—and frequently visited by members of the Windsor family. Save up to £105 on an overnight stay in a suite with this offer, including breakfast, a 3-course dinner, and a champagne cocktail each.
- Valid Sunday-Thursday until 31 January, 2024
- An overnight stay in a Junior suite, with full English breakfast, for two
- A 3-course dinner for two in Parva Restaurant
- A pre-dinner champagne cocktail each (worth £16 per person)
- It’s £255 for an overnight stay in a Superior suite. These are more spacious than Junior suites, with king beds and estate views
- It’s £275 for an overnight stay in a Luxury suite. These feature a separate sitting room and views of the Sussex Downs—the Windsor suite was where the Queen stayed when in residence
- A 2-night stay—with the extra night on B&B—is £385 in a Junior suite, £425 in a Superior suite, and £465 in a Luxury suite, saving over £200 on the direct price
- Not available on 5, 10 October; 16 November; 3-4, 7, 21-31 December, 2023; 1 January, 2024
More Reasons to Go
- With a stately redbrick facade, the corridors at Horsted Place are replete with original oil paintings, antiques, an elaborate staircase, and gilded eagles from the 1851 Great Exhibition's Crystal Palace.
- The dining experience at the 2-AA-Rosette Parva restaurant is a "real occasion" with "exemplary" food, according to The Daily Telegraph.
- Play a round of croquet in the hotel grounds, or stroll along the Queen's Walk—the monarch's secret pathway to the local chapel. Guests can also tee off at one of two championship courses at the East Sussex National Golf Club, five minutes' drive away (supplements apply).
- Lewes town centre is around 15 minutes' drive from the property. Visit the Norman Lewes Castle, with panoramic views of Sussex from The Keep, and the timber-framed Anne of Cleves House, a window into Tudor and Elizabethan life.
- The Grade I-listed Sheffield Park and Garden is a popular spot for autumn colours. Laid out in the 18th century by Capability Brown, the estate is 20 minutes' drive away.
Voucher Cancellation & Refund Policy: Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Once you book your dates, changes and cancellations are subject to the hotel's cancellation or rescheduling policy and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the hotel prior to refunding your voucher. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to "My Account.” After 14 days, your voucher becomes nonrefundable. For a fee, you can make vouchers refundable until their expiration date when you check out.
Hotel Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy: Once you’ve booked your dates with the hotel, cancellations are not permitted. This is a non-refundable rate. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy or if you fail to arrive for your stay, you may be subject to additional cancellation/change fees by the hotel.
Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
up to 36% off
How to Book
- Not available on 5, 10 October; 16 November; 3-4, 7, 21-31 December, 2023; 1 January, 2024.
- Parking is free. Uckfield railway station is less than 10 minutes' drive away.
- This is an adults-only deal.
- Accessibility: Contact the hotel directly to discuss the availability of appropriate accommodation.
- Pets cannot stay as part of this deal.