£109 – County Durham stay w/cream tea, save 30%
Why We Love This Deal
Headlam Hall is a "homely" (The Daily Telegraph) country house hotel in the village of Headlam, west of Darlington. Overnight stays at this 17th-century Jacobean property are now £109, saving up to 30% on the usual price.
- Overnight accommodation in a Coach House Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- A cream tea each (pot of tea with scones, jam and cream; worth £6 per person)
- An overnight stay in a Coach House Room, with breakfast, tea and scones, and a 3-course dinner* each, is £159
- A 2-night stay with daily breakfast, plus tea and scones on the first day is £209
- A 2-night stay with breakfast and dinner on both days is £299
- Stay in a Main Hall, Mews or Spa Room for an extra £30 per night (payable directly to the hotel)
- Not available on 24-25, 31 January; 12, 17, 23-27 February; 4-5, 11, 13-15, 28 March; 1, 12, 18 April
Why We Love It
- Headlam Hall -- recommended by The Good Hotel Guide -- is in the quiet hamlet of Headlam, west of Darlington in County Durham
- The Good Spa Guide 4-bubble spa is free for all hotel guests to use during their stay and includes a 14-metre indoor swimming pool, a Swedish pine sauna, a steam room, a hydrotherapy pool and five treatment rooms
- This property is set in 200 acres of farmland including four acres of walled gardens, an ornamental canal, ancient hedges, folly bridges, a rose garden, a kitchen garden and a tennis court
- The Daily Telegraph describes the hotel as feeling "genuinely homely rather than showy" with its "soft-coloured plaid carpets, leather Chesterfields, wool-upholstered armchairs, and walls hung with mirrors, hunting prints and Victorian watercolours"
- "Chic-rustic" (The Good Hotel Guide) bedrooms are split between the main hall, the converted coach house, the mews-style stable block and the spa.
- Dogs are welcome to stay at the hotel in the Mews bedrooms -- which have their own direct access to the outdoors and their own private parking space just outside
- The 9-hole golf course and driving range can be used by guests at a supplement (weather permitting)
- The impressive 19th-century Bowes Museum and Locomotion, formerly known as the National Railway Museum at Shildon, are both within a 20-minute drive of the hotel
- Durham Cathedral and High Force waterfall in the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty are both within an hour's drive of the hotel
Parking is free. Darlington railway station is a 20-minute drive away.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 01325 730238 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Once reservations have been made, bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.