Sold outThis deal was published August 19, 2022 and sold out September 30, 2022. See current deals
£89 – Victorian mansion near Peak District with dinner
Why We Love This Deal
Makeney Hall Hotel is a Victorian mansion with views across the Amber Valley, located 30 minutes' drive from the edge of the Peak District National Park. During your stay you can go walking in the Derwent Valley, or drive into the nearby market town of Belper. Overnight stays including a 3-course dinner are less than £45 per person until March, and save 40% on regular rates. Two-night stays are less than £75 per person and also include a glass of wine.
- Valid Sunday-Thursday until 31 March, 2023. Fridays and Saturdays are £10 more (payable direct to the hotel)
- Overnight accommodation in a Standard Double Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- A 3-course set-menu dinner on one night (worth £30 per person)
- It's £149 for a 2-night stay with daily full English breakfast, a 3-course dinner each on the first night, and a glass of wine with dinner (once per stay; worth up to £5.10 per person)
- It's an extra £20 per night to stay in an Executive room, and an extra £50 per night to stay in a Suite (payable direct to the hotel)
- Not available on 29-30 September; 14, 19, 28-31 October; 1, 4, 11, 18, 25 November; 11, 16-17, 24-26, 30-31 December, 2022
More Reasons to Go
- Makeney Hall Hotel is a Victorian mansion set in six acres of grounds. It retains period features including elegant oak panelling and an oak fireplace surround
- The hotel has wooded gardens overlooking the banks of the River Derwent, and there are lots of local heritage walks in the Derwent Valley, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its history of cotton production
- The quaint market town of Belper is less than a 10 minutes' drive away — its high street is home to independent shops, bakeries, micropubs, a weekly farmer's market, and an Art Deco cinema as well
- Chatsworth House — the beautiful stately home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire — and Haddon Hall, a Tudor country house with Elizabethan gardens, are less than 50 minutes' drive away
- Bakewell, the home of the Bakewell tart, is "ringed by famous walking trails and stately homes", according to Lonely Planet, and is less than 50 minutes' drive away
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call 01332 845 704 or email email@example.com to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability.
Voucher Cancellation & Refund Policy: Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to “My Account.” After 14 days, your voucher is nonrefundable. At the time of checkout you can make vouchers refundable until they expire, for a fee. If advanced reservations are required, changes and cancellations are subject to the merchant’s cancellation or rescheduling policy, and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the merchant prior to refunding your voucher.
Hotel Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy: Once you’ve made your reservation, changes and cancellations are subject to the hotel’s cancellation policy, and must be made at least 24 hours prior to arrival. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional fees or voucher forfeiture.
up to 40% off
How to Book
- Not available on 11-16, 23-24, 29-30 September; 14, 19, 28-31 October; 1, 4, 11, 18, 25 November; 11, 16-17, 24-26, 30-31 December, 2022
- Children are welcome at this hotel. You can stay in a Family Room for an extra £10 per child, per night. Family Rooms sleep two adults and two children. Children will stay on a room-only basis, with breakfast available for an additional fee (payable direct to the hotel; enquire on booking)
- Well-behaved dogs are allowed in select courtyard bedrooms only for an extra £10 per dog, per night (payable direct to the hotel; enquire on booking). Guide dogs and assistance dogs are welcome
- Parking is free. Duffield railway station is around five minutes' drive away
- Maximum purchase of one voucher per person